Tuning Advice Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BPopilek

BPopilek

Reaction score
The V2 is $899, the AutoCal is $599. Turn around time would be the same on either and really depends on our workload at the time. We're a bit backed up at the moment, but getting better on that each day.

We do have an expedited service option for $50 which would get same day service when files are sent in before 2pm.

Ok very cool. I will definitely keep this in mind when I get to that point. As of right now, it's probably going to be a month or two before I am ready to install it. How long does it take for the programming equipment to arrive after it is ordered? I get 6 days off from work every other week, so my goal is to have everything ready during one of these breaks so I can get it fully done. So I'd want to have the equipment and initial base program ready at that time as well. Thanks for the quick replies!

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you looking to maintain the ability to tune it yourself down the road? Any future modifications planned for it that you won't have right off the bat?

We offer options for just a tune outright for you as well as full tuning software to tune it yourself, including tuning to help get you going.
Do you guys support HP Tuners?

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We ship with USPS Priority mail by default and it usually would be in your hands in two business days after ordering. It would be best for you to get it in hand and collect your tune files a week or so before the engine goes in. Should be able to have everything ready to flash at that point.

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not as our primary tuning solution, but we do have the ability to tune with it, yes.
What are your rates? My latest standalone 5.3 swap is a gen4 e38 DBW and im having a hell of a time getting my VE and Maf dialed in.

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typical email tune price is $250. Do you have the specs handy on that setup?

OP
OP
BPopilek

BPopilek

Reaction score
Typical email tune price is $250. Do you have the specs handy on that setup?

For your $250 price, is that also unlimited tunes using an HP Tuner? Or is it for a set amount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For your $250 price, is that also unlimited tunes using an HP Tuner? Or is it for a set amount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can't guarantee that it would be unlimited forever as we have an offsite employee that we would be using as the HPTuners conduit. That individual teaches tuning courses as well through EFI University.

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its 100% stock LH6 with CAI, no evap, No rear o2's and no TCM.. how would we work the Licensing?
The licensing question is something I would need to work out. Shoot us an email at tuning at blackbearperformance.com and we can get you some more detail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645