Transmission w/ cooler overheating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bvilchez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe someone can help me out here because I'm about lost. I have an 07 Tahoe with the aux trans cooler installed. Never any issues until about 2 weeks ago the trans starts getting hot. I'm literally just watching the temp rise as if they were seconds damn near. Got so hot one time the engine started overheating. Pulled over and let it cool down for about an hour before I finished my last 10 miles home.

I've changed the fluids and trans filter but can't figure out what else. I'm not towing anything so no extra load on the transmission. Next thing I'm thinking is swapping out for a new cooler.

Any thoughts anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contend997

Reaction score
Take the lines off and blow fluid through them. You might have a filter on it and that might be plugged up. My brothers 01 z71 had a external filter behind the grill sounds like you might have a fluid flow problem are you running through the radiator too could be a radiator problem also

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd check for a clogged line as well. Only other thing would be the band not fully engaging/disengaging and dragging to cause extra heat but I doubt it would cause it to rise like the seconds on a clock. Did it drive any different while this was going on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10