Transmission Sounds Lower RPM - UPDATE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the TC have known issues. check w/ service mgr & see if they will work w/ you or cover the work.

or just get a stock replacement TC
some have mentioned you can use a Cadillac cts-V TC
otherwise, you could get circle D, Precision Industries, yank , Sonnax, Century trans, Jasper, gwatney perf, or mad dog trans for some info & see what works best for your budget & such.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
& your tune & tires would def. not be the issue ;)

my low profiles on 22s are almost 33" LOL

im over 65k mileage on my '15 , its supercharged w/ BBP tune.... & no issues to report.

OP
OP
Bighurk

Bighurk

Reaction score
the TC have known issues. check w/ service mgr & see if they will work w/ you or cover the work.

or just get a stock replacement TC
some have mentioned you can use a Cadillac cts-V TC
otherwise, you could get circle D, Precision Industries, yank , Sonnax, Century trans, Jasper, gwatney perf, or mad dog trans for some info & see what works best for your budget & such.

Sounds good, out of all these brands, what do people prefer? Also was looking up the other night that different TC have diff Stall Speeds. What is the stock one and what is generally recommended?

& your tune & tires would def. not be the issue ;)

my low profiles on 22s are almost 33" LOL

im over 65k mileage on my '15 , its supercharged w/ BBP tune.... & no issues to report.
lol

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from reading other forums...6l80e

stock stall is ~1600-1800

cts-V is ~1800-2000

no real need to veer away from stock stall speed, unless you are going inside motor to change cam, etc & will be chasing HP #'s / racing it

OP
OP
Bighurk

Bighurk

Reaction score
Okay thanks for your response!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I now have an update. As for the transmission, it came down to early signs of torque converter failure. All of the transmission gears appear to work fine when in manual mode when upshifting and downshifting. The difference between this and D mode, is that I let my foot off the gas for 2-3 seconds before pressing down again and this problem does not even exist.

I dropped off the truck at the dealership on stock tune and the problem isnt there that much but was still able to recreate it in the auto mode. The technician said that it is a problem with the torque converter and is not worth it to me to fix it if its minor because of the cost to take the transmission out and replace it with a new torque converter because of the cost to do it and that these transmission somewhere down the road will probably fail and would need to be rebuilt at some point and will cost more $$$ to fix it.

Now, my question is, what torque converter would be available to buy so I can do it myself because it problem bothers me and if left this way will eventually really wear down other components. So far, if I manually upshift and downshift wouldnt be an issue but prefer to fix it. But in the process, would like to get an upgraded torque converter. I have only found 2 available online and would like to see if you guys can give me some input which to get besides the stock ACDelco one.

Thanks!

I had my converter fail and had my entire trans rebuild as it put trash through everything. I currently run a 2k RPM stall converter from PATC. Its a 10 inch billet converter they hand build to order with 4 carbon fiber clutches. Its a beast as far as holding power goes and with the lower stall is street friendly. They also offer a free re stall if the stall you choose does not work for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove