TRANSMISSION OIL CHANGE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
these people going 100k are the ones you see on the used lot with black transmission fluid.
I wouldn't go over 40k without a change, I do mine about every 25k
I am poor I need these vehicles to make it 10+ years, that means maintaining them, not just driving them until I trade it in for another one to ruin

*and transmissions use transmission fluid, not oil.

dougo

Reaction score
I suck the fluid out with a oil extraction pump the through the dip stick 3.5-4 quarts out and replace it once a year , at the 50K I have it flushed or do the same process 3 times, I tow Mutiple trailers and like Doubelive i am poor and need my truck to last 06 192K In my opinion trans fluid is cheap when found on sale and easy changed with and extraction pump

DonutGodd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve heard too many times from actual transmission guys to do it twice as often as the manual suggests. Last time I did it on my 18’ Yukon I installed a PPE pan and a thermostat reroute too. I can’t stand not having a drain plug. Added a little capacity as well.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a transmission thermo valve to put on mine when I change it, but I've been watching the trans. temperature and highest I've seen is 192 and that was in a 20 mile traffic jam inching forward. Usual highway and in town is 170s into 180s now and then. Still changing it though since GM actually recommends it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n