Traded a 2015 Denali for a 2015i Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cfoote

Reaction score
I bought my first Denali last may and put 14K on it. I was pissed when GM announced the 8 speed and knew that I had to find a way to get one. Both are 4X4 fully loaded. Both are black. The first one had black interior. The new one has Cocoa Dark atmosphere which I originally wanted the first time but wasn't willing to wait 12 weeks on an order because those things were flying off the lots like hot cakes. The 8 speed is all that. Smooth shifting and great throttle response. I haven't had a chance to see if the mileage is better because I've only put 350 miles on it thus far. Another thing that I noticed is that it rides a lot smoother than the first one. Maybe it has an updated magnetic ride control. Also the OEM 22's with the chrome inserts are a little darker. Almost smoke gray instead of silver. I put it next to the old one and you can tell the different. It looks as if all of the 2015i's are that way after looking at the one's on the lot. I really wish that they would have left the color of the wheels alone but it's nothing that I can't deal with. The wireless charge in the console is great Now I don't have to plug in my phone anymore. The LTE 4G and the foot activated tailgate are a plus as well.

Lessons learned from the first one. I will definitely be using the 3M paint defender kit on the front end, bottom of the doors and on the sides at the bottom on the rear bumper. We are on the road a lot and I don't want a repeat of the small chips and road damage on the front in anymore. Most of it buffed out but it you don't want to have to do that to a vehicle with a few thousand miles on it. I will also be using Lexol on the leather seats. I got lazy and kept saying that I was going to do it with the 1st one but it never happened. They held up well and I didn't have any damage to the seats but they should be protected anyway.

I've been going back and forth with the dealer for a while about trading it but they couldn't get a feel on the market for a used one so they kept making stupid offers. I took it in for service last week and they said that a lot of people had been asking for used one's and asked if I was interested in trying to do a deal. Of course I was but I was going to have to come out on top of it. I told them what I needed to be at out the door with my trade and the countered of course but it was still 1500.00 lower than the max that I set for myself. To make a long story short I basically started my loan back over from the beginning with a lower payment. I wasn't complaining because I put 14K on the old one and was going to get what I wanted with all of the new features. I basically rented it for 9 months. My credit union gave me the same rate. I made the dealer throw in all available accessories and a Thule 4 bike rack. I got what I wanted and they got what they wanted so it was all good. This is a decision that I would encourage all 2015 owners to make if financially able. I wanted to get out of it before there was no market for the 6 speed. I forgot to mention that I got $1000.00 for owner loyalty which ends on March the 2nd I believe.

Attachments

• IMG_0764.jpg
    IMG_0764.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0765.jpg
    IMG_0765.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0767.jpg
    IMG_0767.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0769.jpg
    IMG_0769.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0770.jpg
    IMG_0770.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 73

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice we may follow you on this is very nice but will wait up to 2016 come out.
I take the lose and everyone happy.

:hmmm2:

OP
OP
cfoote

cfoote

Reaction score
Nice we may follow you on this is very nice but will wait up to 2016 come out.
I take the lose and everyone happy.

What's changing on the 2016 models? Are they about to piss me off again? LOL

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Very nice!

Thanks

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Glad you are happy.

Yes indeed.

Thanks

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's changing on the 2016 models? Are they about to piss me off again? LOL

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Thanks

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Yes indeed.

Thanks

Retooling for all-new V6 engine and all-new 10 speed transmission. is coming I have not idea but is coming soon.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. Glad it worked out

RobbieX210X

Don't Hate! V Eight!
Reaction score
Retooling for all-new V6 engine and all-new 10 speed transmission. is coming I have not idea but is coming soon.

Just barfed at the thought of no V8. Trucks are too damn heavy for a V-Shit. Of course in today's "model" society it makes sense to cater to tree huggers and eco-nuts. I'd take it in Hybrid form though. :p Unless that V6 is twin turbo like the 2017 Raptor pushing over 400 horses, but GM won't do that. Makes to much sense.

Glad your happy with the mid year 2015i.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts