TPMS reset scanner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yes, it's current when you get it (after you do the online update). Mine had free updates for 1 year, I think. Maybe 2. But the updates are generally for the very late model changes and don't really affect what we typically work on.

Covers many, many models. Here's the first page of the Mfr selection:

View attachment 412327

PM me if you want me to send the manual; it's under 8MB.
I already have Ancel and Foxwell scanners that I can do many tests and live data procedures with. I have access to a Tech II as well, if needed. I did find the very inexpensive TPMS reset tools for separate manufacturers and each tool is less than $20. There is even one for Ford and GM that is $15. I have very rare needs for a TPMS tool. I am going to try the inexpensive route initially and switch later if need to. Thanks @Fless.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I see several inexpensive $28 to $35 reset tools that are supposed to be work for a "majority of the sensors and then I read reviews and see some say the tool did not work for them but they say things like, "did not work on my ford" but they say what model and what year and the list that comes with the tool lists the vehicles it works on and specify's the models and years. In other words, some of the reviews are worthless.

So, I am asking for input from anyone who uses these tools and their results.

DaveO9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see several inexpensive $28 to $35 reset tools that are supposed to be work for a "majority of the sensors and then I read reviews and see some say the tool did not work for them but they say things like, "did not work on my ford" but they say what model and what year and the list that comes with the tool lists the vehicles it works on and specify's the models and years. In other words, some of the reviews are worthless.

So, I am asking for input from anyone who uses these tools and their results.

I am going through this now so here is one of the el cheapos I would NOT recommend:

I discovered my sensors were not mapped to the correct positions, so I purchased this number. I've spent a couple hours with it trying to get it to work. Out of many attempts, I've gotten it to to trigger a single sensor twice. I got frustrated after trying the starting wheel (DS, front) I moved on to the second wheel (PS, front) - then it amazingly triggered that one, but it was out of order and I couldn't get the third one to go anyway. On another attempt, I actually got it to trigger the starting wheel, but then it wouldn't do any of the subsequent ones. You only have a few minutes before it times out on you and you have to start over. Giving up and will probably go beg a tire store to see if they can do it. Pretty annoyed - now I'm getting a tire light and a "service tpms" message. and no pressures displayed.

I've also tried (twice) the tool-less "change pressure" in the tire method to trigger them - no good. I did some googling and it sounds like GM disabled that sometime 2011 - 2012. But it works on our 2012 Cruze, just not on the 2013 Tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts