Autel MaxSys scanner questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Purchased from VXDAS. Their price includes the memory card and shipping costs while the other sites don't. The $315 out the door price was slightly more than the lowest priced sellers once the memory card and shipping are included in their prices. I spent an extra $14 for faster shipping, though that probably wasn't necessary. It arrived in 7 days. It works and connected to a 2003 Saturn just fine.

One thing I didn't like while messing around with it while not connected to a vehicle was when trying to select different vehicle codes it would occasionally display something about not connecting with OnStar. The Saturn is bare bones, no OnStar crap. But for my 2013 Tahoe, will connecting the Tech2 to the vehicle also connect to onstar in some way? If yes, how to prevent that from happening?
that's just it's way of telling you that
1. you selected the wrong vehicle (wrong vin type/trim level)
2. that option is not available
3. that option is not working
other than that, just ignore it and carry on.

for instance I removed the factory radio so the tech2 will tell me it cannot communicate with the radio
I also have no power running boards, yet on certain scans it tries and fails to communicate with the running boards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts