TPMS reset scanner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have too much call for this ability on vehicles. Is there a scanner that will reset TPMS on a majority of vehicles?

Reszet at least on my 2005 Z71 and a 2009 Silverado and of course other vehicles?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My Autel MaxiPro MP808S-TS will do it. Reads the existing sensors, their positions, compares them to where the car thinks they are, and will send updated info to the car's computer. It's not exactly inexpensive but can also program new Autel TPMS sensors for replacements. And it does a lot more stuff, like resetting the battery status when replacing them (newer cars sometimes require this).

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yes, that's the one I have, and I paid just a bit more for it. Watch some of the other models, they don't always have the TPMS. And the OS on this is a later version of Android (11, I think) where some of the others are Android 4.

I sold my Tech 2 to another member since my son and I went in halfsies on this one. He gets the occasional job replacing batteries, needs to reset steering angle sensors, etc. so it works for a lot of makes and models. We did the electronic TPMS sensor position reset on his 2015 Outback.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yes, that's the one I have, and I paid just a bit more for it. Watch some of the other models, they don't always have the TPMS. And the OS on this is a later version of Android (11, I think) where some of the others are Android 4.

I sold my Tech 2 to another member since my son and I went in halfsies on this one. He gets the occasional job replacing batteries, needs to reset steering angle sensors, etc. so it works for a lot of makes and models. We did the electronic TPMS sensor position reset on his 2015 Outback.
So, would this scanner reset 2005 and 2009 and up?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, would this scanner reset 2005 and 2009 and up?
How many vehicles, models, years does it cover?
Yes, it's current when you get it (after you do the online update). Mine had free updates for 1 year, I think. Maybe 2. But the updates are generally for the very late model changes and don't really affect what we typically work on.

Covers many, many models. Here's the first page of the Mfr selection:

Capture.JPG

PM me if you want me to send the manual; it's under 8MB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia