tpms issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a set of Silverado wheels on my Yukon, and I can't get the tpms sensors to work. They're reading incorrect numbers, and sometimes they don't read at all. I did the relearn procedure the manual way and using a tech 2 scanner, and both ways it says it's been learned but continues to show incorrectly.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you try and learn them in the vicinity of the other wheels and tires? I had a weird issue and ended up just having to drive the vehicle until the tire light came on so the truck forgot them.

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no I didn't. I would drive and sometimes get the service tire pressure message and have no readings then the message would go away and I have 4 completely wrong readings.

jeremiahm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year rims did you put on your Yukon? 2004-2018 trucks used 315mhz sensors, 2020-current use 433mhz, 2019 used both it seems. One wont read the other typically.

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my Yukon is an 11 and I don't know what year Silverado the wheels came off of but I was thinking if it's a different mhz would it even register a reading?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
my Yukon is an 11 and I don't know what year Silverado the wheels came off of but I was thinking if it's a different mhz would it even register a reading?
That was my first thought, as the TPMS frequencies changed somewhere in the mid to late 201x.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wheels are from a 2018 and read just fine - Are they actually reading the new wheels or still picking up the old as mentioned above?

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wheels are from a 2018 and read just fine - Are they actually reading the new wheels or still picking up the old as mentioned above?
they must be reading the new wheels cause I used to keep my old wheels around 35psi and after installing the Silverado wheels 3 of them read around 23/26/28 and 1 wheel shows 0. I never kept track to see if the numbers change on their own or change when I add air but like I said before sometimes they read and sometimes they don't

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts