TPMS Compatibility - NNBS Wheels on NBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darcane

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This weekend, I swapped wheels with a coworker, and now have his 2008 Silverado LTZ wheels on my wife's 2005 Tahoe:
picture.jpg

Surprise, surprise, the tire pressure readouts aren't working and I get the Service Tire Monitor System message. I tried going through the steps outlined in the manual, and I couldn't get it to relearn the sensors.

Then I came here to search for answers, but got nothing but conflicting results. I found several posts, but some say it will work others say no, you have to get new sensors.

So, can anyone confirm that sensors from a 2008 Silverado will or will not work on a 2005 Tahoe? If they will work, does it require some sort of reprogramming of the sensor at a dealership/tire store?

Also, same question for the opposite, 2005 Tahoe sensors on a 2008 Silverado since my coworker needs to get his to relearn the TPMS sensors as well.

Thanks,

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys need to swap sensors.

Vinniety

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need to get the numbers off the sensors and add them to the computer. Right now they are looking for the sensors they have in memory which aren't the ones you have on your truck.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will need to get the numbers off the sensors and add them to the computer. Right now they are looking for the sensors they have in memory which aren't the ones you have on your truck.

Sensors are different and are not compatible IIRC

krt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you just replace a faulty sensor, and follow the procedure in the owners manual and it will work?
or is reprogramming involved after replacing a faulty sensor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_burks