towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trublew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do you guys use to help the back of the truck when you tow? i tow a car trailer with my ws6 on it and the back sags pretty good... i dont tow it very often, but i would like to help keep it level when i do... i really didnt want to do bags because i dont want to hook up a compressor or anything, maybe just some springs, but nothing thatll kill the ride...

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Well anybody whose anybody and tows will run bags on the nbs. Its the best way to do it. Dont think you can get no sag but have a decent suspension. You eiher want stiff and less sag or normal and sag... Or bags

Jewel or Jalopy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a weight distributing hitch. Under $500, $250 if you find one used, and it will not only level out the truck but give you more control over the trailer if you add sway control.

OP
OP
T

trublew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is involved with installing bags?
and what is the weight distributing hitch?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Bags you need to unbolt sway bar and shocks with the rear off the ground. Lower the axle and remove springs then put bags in each spring route air plumbing then reinstall all parts.

drewxjn

Reaction score
I have/had a 02 lt and changed out the rear springs for z71 springs and put in the bilstein hd shocks. I tow pretty often. I tow a 14ft tandem axle trailer and a jeep grand Cherokee on that. Roughly 6k. And have noticed a significant difference in how it sat before/stock and now. Handles great now with the shocks and z71 coils.

Jewel or Jalopy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a weight distribution hitch:

http://www.etrailer.com/faq-weightdistribution.aspx

If you look at your hitch, it will have different ratings for WD or non-WD hitches. The WD hitch spreads the load out over both axles, and basically jacks the back of the truck up.

If you don't have a super heavy tongue weight, go with bags. Otherwise get a WD hitch, I just picked up a used one for $175.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yamen76