Tow mirrors.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badmunky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was planing to sell the wife's Yukon and buy her a new truck.

But plans changed and it looks like its sticking around for another 2 years.

So I need some better mirrors. I tow an 18 foot car trailer with it and some times have a hard time seeing where it is going when backing it up.

So I want a set of tow mirrors for it.
Power for sure.
I think my stock ones are heated.
And I don't have the turn signals in my stock mirrors but would like them in the new ones. Can I do that?

Where is a goo place to get them thats not to expensive? But are well made to.

Thanks guys!

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get a cheap display and cam from ebay.

Hard wire a camera to ass of trailer.
Put a female RCA connector next to your hookup under bumper.
Now you have video. Yay!

OP
OP
B

Badmunky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a cheap display and cam from ebay.

Hard wire a camera to ass of trailer.
Put a female RCA connector next to your hookup under bumper.
Now you have video. Yay!

Not going to help me see where the side of my trailer is. The back is never a problem. Its always the side as I back in my driveway, or as I make a tight turn.

Would like to order something in the next week or so.

Any one have any recommendations on where to get them from? I have been looking on ebay.
Just don't want to get ones are crap and shake all the time.

Boyntonx2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an older post, but I wanted to share my knowledge.
all nnbs gm's and up have the ability to run the power, heated, signal mirrors. Its all in the same plug, and they are a direct swap, tow mirror or regular. The power fold option can be made to work, but its a bit of work. Its not plug and play. On my 11 sierra that came with stock heated mirrors, I swapped in a set of the dl3's and just didn't worry about the power fold. The only problem in doing that, is if you manually fold your power fold mirrors to many times, they will wear out and loosen up.

Boyntonx2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, as far as gm or aftermarket mirrors, as far as I know there is nothing like official gm parts for quality. Yes the aftermarket ones look just as good and will work fine at lower speeds, but at highway speeds they shake alot and get really blurry to use.
as far as finding them, Craigslist and eBay. Stay away from the dealer unless your not concerned with price. You can find dl3 mirrors all over the place for around 250 a set, as well as heated tow mirrors. The signal tow mirrors are a little harder to find because that's what everyone wants, especially the nnbs truck guys.
hope this helps

OP
OP
B

Badmunky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man!

I had to put this on hold for a little bit do to problems with the brakes. Just spent almost $800 to fix the thing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar