Side mirrors tilt in operate direction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodgers33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2023 Tahoe Z71 that I purchased in August 2023. Around December, I went into the setting and activated "auto tilt side mirrors when in reverse" for both sides. I tried the feature for about a month and didn't like it. I went back into settings and disabled it for both sides.

When I first disabled both mirrors from tilting, the left went down and the right tilted upwards???

Ever since then, when I now start my car, the left mirror tilts down, the right mirror stays normal. When I put it into drive, the left mirror never returns to the normal spot. I have to manually move it back into position.

Anyone else have same issue? Any advice?

OP
OP
D

Dodgers33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, I haven't tried that but will. Thanks!

I do have a service appt this Friday. Will keep posted.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose you already had the service appt… but what about resetting the mirror position, and then resetting your Driver 1 or Driver 2 memory switch?

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the mirror tilt associated with the driver 1/driver 2 selection? I thought it only was triggered by fwd/rev selection

I had one side tilt and the other didn't, and just moved it up and down with the door button, next time they both together.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the mirror tilt associated with the driver 1/driver 2 selection? I thought it only was triggered by fwd/rev selection

It should be -- assuming that the settings were changed at one point under each driver and saved.

The setting is triggered when you put it in reverse, yes -- but it's just carrying out the setting that's been selected previously. When you put it in drive, the mirrors should simply go back to their standard driving positions. My thought in response to the OP's original problem was that maybe his standard driving mirror positions got saved to Driver 1 or 2 in goofy positions, and now every time he starts the truck with either fob, the mirrors go to those saved positions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts