Torsion Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where can I purchase some NEW torsion bars for a relatively low price? I've been searching and can't really find anything. I keep running across Moog keys and that's about it.

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gmpartsdirect.com is the only place ive seen them. I don't have part #s but you can just go to the front suspension sect for your year then it's in suspension components or something like that
Right around $190 a piece

OP
OP
M

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did find those but was hoping to find something cheaper. I might just have to live with my lean for now...

zaathur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
junk yards i have picked up many drivetrain parts for cheap for tahoe and silverados and always has worked out great

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Junk yards...you could even find a stiffer set, like off a 2500, if you get them with the matching index keys. I've been thinking about that as a way to stiffin the front end up a little more.

Cameron

dsump

Reaction score
Good luck, I've been looking for some here in Ohio. Nothing yet.

OP
OP
M

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.gmfullsize.com/tech/torsion401.html this website has good info as well as part #'s for torsion bars. The site used to have pics but not anymore.

I did find that and saved it but no luck finding a cheaper price. I'm going to put new body mounts on to see if it levels out my current leaning situation (and lower it another inch). If it doesn't correct my lean then I know for sure it is the torsion bars.

OP
OP
M

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I finally installed the new body mounts and it didn't even out the lean so I know it is more or likely the torsion bar. I find it hard to justify spending that much for new torsion bars right now. I may end up just ordering the driver side bar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chavez_212