Torsion bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Novasmithjohn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for sor ideas as on how to get the torsion bars ot of my 99 tahoe ls. I have heated them used pb blaster and tried to drive the off the lower control arm, no luck. I can’t get behind the crossmember to try to drive it off the key because of the frame cross bracket that is about 6 inches behind the torsion bar cross member. Anyone have an idea how to get it off? Thanks

OP
OP
N

Novasmithjohn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don’t think I can get a large Allen wrench in between the supports. I’ll try your suggestion and release both sides of the torsion support and tr to drive it back. Thanks for the response and ideas

OP
OP
N

Novasmithjohn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I finally got the torsion bars off the control arms, I dropped the arms so that I could put 2 sockets in the pocket in the forward end one socket inside the other and used a 10 ton hydraulic jack between the arm mounting legs and. Pressed the bar out. The left the bars on the keys but I didn’t want to change them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar