Torsion bar slipping?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J444HN

J444HN

Reaction score
Left: 21 and a half inches.

Right: 23 inches.

And the left hand side feel like there is not much resistance when cornering, it almost just goes down as it wishes.

Tahoe0159

Reaction score
Have you taken it to a good suspension place and asked them for a diagnosis?

Might be worth it, so you know what parts they think need to be addressed.

Or if you have access to the Factory SM, it has the diagnostic to follow.

For me...I am not a "suspension guy", so I take it to a local place that does my tires and batteries.
They will do suspension diagnosis for free (or cheap) and they have a guy over there who has a lot of experience and he's always given me good advice on front end work. All of my three cars stay in alignment and I have 100k miles + on them. The Tahoe wouldn't hold alignment last year, needed a lower ball joint.

Last edited:

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though you change the shocks a year ago, the more common cause would still be the shocks more so than the torsion bar statistically. I wonder if you can swap the shocks left to right and see if it still sags the same way. Interestingly, my ride height front axle to fender lip is 21 inches stock. 22 1/8 in the rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65