Took The Plunge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02DFWTahoe

Reaction score
My wife and I have been looking for a second vehicle that wouldn't break the bank yet was still dependable.

I've been cruising Craigslist for a few weeks, and just happened to start looking at NBS Tahoes/Yukons. Found a few here and there, drove some that had 130-150k on them, but they all seemed to be beat to hell.

I happened to see an ad for an 02 Tahoe 4x4 with 97,500 miles on it. It's an LS, all cloth, split bench, third-row, new tires, new AC comp., no leaks. Decided to make the 65 mile trip to check it out...and bought it. It doesn't have leather or heated seats, but it's clean, most of the leather that I saw was badly distressed/destroyed.

I figured I got pretty lucky finding a <100k 13 year old vehicle, and ended up paying $5,500.00. Decent?

I should be able to drive this thing for the next 5-10 years pretty easily without any interest payments :)

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!
Yea you did pretty good. People pay that same price for ones with over 150k on them.

Your name suggests your in the DFW area, Assuming thats DFW texas, Where abouts? Im in Arlington.

OP
OP

02DFWTahoe

Reaction score
I'll get some pics up, I need to wash it, had a few trips on gravel roads on the way home :).

I am in the Dallas area, roughly 10 miles east of Denton off of 380. We've lived here a little over a year and love it!

Tahoe0159

Reaction score
We have an 01 Tahoe LS with over 300k miles on it. Daily driver. Do the maintenance by the book and it will last a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Welcome and if there is something that you need help with just ask

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM