Cloth options in the '02 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88lance

Reaction score
Another post messing around with the new-to-me Tahoe. 2002 Z71, leather interior.
Did any 2002 cloth Tahoes have power passenger seats? Or was that only an option if you got a leather?

I really like the cloth seats in my '05 Tahoe, but the passenger is not power, and the '02 leather passenger is.
So if I swap them, the swapped leather passenger in the '05 would just be dead and not be adjustable.

If I could find someone with a cloth 02 that was powered, maybe they would be interested in a swap.

I'm also not sure if the cloth seats are the same in 2002 and 2005, but the cloth '05 seats sit low, which is perfect because I'm 6'3. This puts me looking out the middle of the windshield.

The leather '02 sits really tall, and I find myself looking through the top of the windshield, which isn't as comfortable.

So I guess the questions I should ask to see what my options are, is

-did '02 cloth Tahoes have power pass seats?
-are the '02 cloths the same as the '05 cloths, or would the '02 cloths be really tall like the leathers are in that year?

I read that The driver's seat plug is different, but by splicing a couple wires you can make everything function properly still.

Kind of just seeing what the best options would be for getting cloths in the '02 more than anything

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
You could always buy new foam and oem cloth seat covers from a place like the Seat Shop to replace the leather. I personally don't like leather. There was a tyf member that installed power 05-06 seats in his 01-02 Tahoe, and got everything to work--so it is possible. Sorry I wasn't able to answer all of your questions.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may also want to find out about the Silvierrado front seats.
Just leave a set of front split bench / bucket seats for me.
Once I get rid of this stupid front console with the cassette players ...

OP
OP
88lance

88lance

Reaction score
You could always buy new foam and oem cloth seat covers from a place like the Seat Shop to replace the leather. I personally don't like leather. There was a tyf member that installed power 05-06 seats in his 01-02 Tahoe, and got everything to work--so it is possible. Sorry I wasn't able to answer all of your questions.
I think I seen the thread of getting power seats to work, he spliced a couple wires and it had power again. Not sure if the passenger seat did, but I remember the drivers seat worked in it.
I'll look into the foam, that may be an option as well.
Yep, leather is way to hot in the summer in Texas.

OP
OP
88lance

88lance

Reaction score
You may also want to find out about the Silvierrado front seats.
Just leave a set of front split bench / bucket seats for me.
Once I get rid of this stupid front console with the cassette players ...
I thought about Silverado seats, but then I wouldn't have the back seats. I could leave those leather I guess, no body sits back there anyway, and they would be easy to clean.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about Silverado seats, but then I wouldn't have the back seats.
I could leave those leather I guess, no body sits back there anyway, and they would be easy to clean.
First of all, if you want matching back seats, you just have to find a Silvierrado with back seats, no?

Actually, just realized that a Silvierrado's back seats may not be the same, or compatible with a TahYukalade's back seats.
Only ones that MIGHT be compatible, would be the ones with the fullsize extended cab.

OP
OP
88lance

88lance

Reaction score
First of all, if you want matching back seats, you just have to find a Silvierrado with back seats, no?

Actually, just realized that a Silvierrado's back seats may not be the same, or compatible with a TahYukalade's back seats.
Only ones that MIGHT be compatible, would be the ones with the fullsize extended cab.
That's what I was assuming, that they would be different, but I could be wrong. They might actually bolt up. I have a cloth Silverado, but it's a 2011 So it's probably a lot different. I think the seat attaches to the back wall on that one

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... I have a cloth Silverado ... 2011 ...
Don't know if GMT900 seats are compatible with GMT800, but I keep reading that GMT800 seats are more comfy.
From my somewhat limited experience, I tend to agree, even if they'd be older than GMT900 seats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019