Tires scrub even with lift! Help plz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

Frankie21

Reaction score
And that fits the 01 Tahoe fine?
I see your running 35x14.50's, i have 6" suspension and if i get the 1.5 bl will i be able to turn with no scrubbing? Or are they just too wide?

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Ok i read thru this and yes spindle is 2wd only he is correct on that i also have a 6 inch super lift , im pretty sure for your year its a knuckle lift and not a bracket as they are typically older design and most companys are going away from brackets what you could do is (not sure if this works in the same fashion as OBS but buy 2500 torsion bars ) because the 2500 torison bars are meant for heavier trucks it rides a little rougher but does the same job plus helps with sagging later on down the road esp if you decide to add one of those heavy ass aftermarket road armor or ranchhand bumpers down the road, i also second the idea of a SMALL body lift anything above 2 inches i dont reccomend simply because on top of an already six inch sus lift it causes more body roll and for a DD that gets aggrivating

You said that if i get a 3" body lift it would cause "more body roll," What exactly does that mean? Sorry im a terminology newb

ItalianStallion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am brand new here too and trying to avoid this same problem... I have an 03 hoe, got a 6-7.5 bracket lift on the way and already have keys and am getting the tbars from a 2500.... I was wondering if i could run falken rocky mountain 37x1350x18s on a wheel with 4.5bs. The tires come in at 36.6.... as i said i am new with this as well so if anymore information is needed let me know, and thank you all in advance!!

brucebruce45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on The wheel offset and width
This is what it looked like right before I traded it, the sigs old too.
d5a84d18.jpg
What I currently have
029db746.jpg

Last edited:

ItalianStallion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The wheel is a 18x10, with a 4.52 backspacing, -25 offset. Gear alloy Recoil. The part that is frustrating is right now i just have it leveled and i am running 33s no problem.... And just about all of the 35s that i find end up being 34.4ish. Any and all opinions and ideas are appreciated. And thanks for the quick responses. This forum seems pretty awesome!!!

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with a 1.5" bodylift and be done with it. I would not get Ford lift keys and install them in your Z71 due to the fact that your CV angles already don't look too good.

Also 37's on a 6" lift and 18x10's is going to rub

ItalianStallion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
with it being a 6-7.5 bracket lift, would i mess up all of my angles when cranking it to the 7.5?

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
holy shit the info in this thread blows my mind..

spindle lift is for 2wd ONLY. do you think about how that would work on a 4x4? sure your steering and balljoint angles will be good but your cv angle would be shit still. even if you could bolt it onto the lift spindle.

you don't need 2500 tbars. shit is gonna ride stiff as **** which it probably already does cranked that much.

your already cranked enough. don't need to buy more shit to crank more.

body lift is your only option. it is also your best option. i would just go ahead and do the 3". then you can decrank for a better ride/angles/everything and be happy.

or pull out the hammer and sawzaw and get to work on your bumper and plastic parts in your fender well. you will still have terrible angles though.

if you switch wheels to 18x10's your going to want to run even smaller tires as that offset and width will make your rub WAY more. i run 20x10's on 10" of lift on 325 60 20 (36x13.00) and i can still rub after trimming.

i hope this helps. so much bad information around here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts