Tire size recommendations please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
Cooper are decent
Nexen roadian hp
Cooper Zeon ltz all terrain
Pirelli scop atr

I liked my Bridgestone duellers I had but I always see people saying they hated them so not sure what that's all about.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my experience the wrangled sra tires are very soft so not only are they not good for off pavement but they also don't corner well and if you drive around windy roads a lot they will wear out fast. Copper makes a good tire. I have michelins on my stock 17s. Love them. Ridden in my family friends Denali xl with 20s and hers is riding on Michelin ltx tires on the 20s and her tires are great. She's put a ton of miles on them and they still have a lot to treat left. And the ride on the ltx tires is really good.

OP
OP
TheAutumnWind

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hrm I am surprised that the clearance is so small there.

That being said I am no stranger to making room in that area. I have modified the splash guards in other vehicles to make oversized tires clear. Though I'd rather not have to get out the BFH for this vehicle.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
TheAutumnWind

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have snow here in my part of California during the winter lol. So funny how California has vastly different climates in different areas.

Well yeah. I live in the bay area. No snow here for what 10 years? Thats one of the best things about CA. I can drive an hour or two to the coast or an hour or two to oe of the best wine country areas in the world or an hour or two to snowboard or an hour or two and take a boat out on a lake. The downside... it costs an arm and a leg. and I have to deal with CA law.

OP
OP
TheAutumnWind

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cooper are decent
Nexen roadian hp
Cooper Zeon ltz all terrain
Pirelli scop atr

I liked my Bridgestone duellers I had but I always see people saying they hated them so not sure what that's all about.

I've been happy with my duellers

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know everything is expensive as crap and dumb laws. Lol. But I love the hour or two drive away from everything. I'm only 4 hours from mammoth and it's awesome. And I live in a ski town.

OP
OP
TheAutumnWind

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May be able to squeeze a 305/50 in there. It's right at 32" tall and 12" wide.

On an 8.5" wide wheel? Yeah, that could work, but it'd end up costing twice as much for tires I'd imagine. Actually its not that much more... Might consider that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fissel