Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors - '07 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem being with the back two is interesting. Maybe the sensors are broadcasting a weak signal (weak batteries?) or the system's antenna isn't picking them up? You could try removing one of the rear wheels and rolling it up next to the front wheel and doing the re-learn procedure again (maintain the correct order).

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem being with the back two is interesting. Maybe the sensors are broadcasting a weak signal (weak batteries?) or the system's antenna isn't picking them up? You could try removing one of the rear wheels and rolling it up next to the front wheel and doing the re-learn procedure again (maintain the correct order).

The tires that are on the back were on the front previously, same problem when they were on the front, so I do not think it is that, either those 2 sensors are bad or ???

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tires that are on the back were on the front previously, same problem when they were on the front, so I do not think it is that, either those 2 sensors are bad or ???

Ah. Yeah, that rules that out. Other than trying all the methods for programming them (using one of those specialty tools, a TechII etc.), I'm at a loss.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once the relearn is activated, you have two minutes to get the first wheel done and five minutes total. If you run out of time you'll have to start over. Now how old are those other sensors? They're made to last 10 years and then be discarded. I had one go bad after eight years.

Each one has a unique code, right below the part number, there's an eight digit number and they are different on each of mine.

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once the relearn is activated, you have two minutes to get the first wheel done and five minutes total. If you run out of time you'll have to start over. Now how old are those other sensors? They're made to last 10 years and then be discarded. I had one go bad after eight years.

Each one has a unique code, right below the part number, there's an eight digit number and they are different on each of mine.

Bought a set of 4 of these 2 years ago, thought I was going to get new tires before this but the old tires lasted longer than I thought! I stopped traveling to work as far as I was going, so did not put as many miles each year as I was.

This set are probably the aftermarket, that is probably the problem. Wish I had noted all the numbers on them all before I put them in! :)

I know the time limit, each time I do the relearn, it times out and chirps twice. At this point I have the tire pressure showing for the 2 front ones, just have to figure out if I want to replace 2 or all 4?

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so I bought the crap ones, need to replace them. The ones I took out which I assume were the original from the factory had part number 15825475 on them. They are the solid stem with the screw on stem nuts, had an issue with getting 2 of the stem nuts off when I changed them, had to drill the stems out, got lucky no damage to the rims!

So I looked up the original part number on eBay, came up with these which look and have the same numbers EXACTLY like the ones I took off, they even show that the frequency is 315mhz, price is not too bad either, just they ship from China?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-NEW-TPMS...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

I think after what I have gone through, I am going to get a set of these, might take a few weeks for them to get here, but for some reason I get a comfortable feeling that if these come through as shown, I won't have any issues. (YEA RIGHT!) :)

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why buy those when you can buy the others for less? My original sensors are 13586335, my truck is a 2009.

For the few dollars more I am sure they will work if I get exactly what is shown in the auction. Tired of going round and round with this and when I look at those there is nothing that shows me that those will definitely work with my 07 Yukon XL Denali.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you could send the guy an email and make sure he sends you the same part number that I received. I doubt that the specifications would be different between your 2007 Denali and my 2009 SLT.

The part number posted above as my originals was from the owner's manual. The two in my hand, that came from the left side of my truck, were made in the UK and are 25920615.

I would also be highly suspect of knockoffs from China unless there were mutliple positive reviews.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA