Wake up new tire pressure sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

High_Country

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,
I have mounted winter wheels on my 2023 Tahoe High Country. A second set of 22" High Country rims with new Schrader / GM 4S tire pressure sensors, part number 13533166 (bought on a famous online market).
I tried to start the sensors by driving the car, but it didn't work. The TPMS light started to blink and burn an "SERVICE" appeared.
So I watched some videos and bought a EL-50448 activation tool. I started the ignition, pressed the little wheel on the right side of the steering wheel, the horn gave a soud, the left front indicator began to light and I tried to wake the new sensor with the EL-50448 tool. Nothing happens. No matter which sensor I try to wake.
Do I have to bring the car/air suspension in service mode first by some finger touches in the navigation system first?
Must the new sensors be programmed by a workshop or dealer first?

What can I do?

Thanks for your help.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. I’m not versed on these new rigs but there may be some info in your owner’s manual. Others more versed than I will chime in too.

OP
OP
H

High_Country

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your help.
I have ordered the 13542523 Sensors now. I will install them and tell you if they work!
Thank you!

OP
OP
H

High_Country

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The tire sensors with the part number 13542523 work now perfect on my 2023 Tahoe. They must be activated by holding the scroll wheel on the right side of the steering wheel in the tire pressure display until the horn sounds.
Then the left front direction indicator goes on. Then you have to activate the left front sensor pressing once the button of by EL-50448 activation tool, the tool showing torwards the sidewall of the tire next to the valve stem. The horn makes a sound. Then you go from wheel to wheel clockwise around the car and activate each sensor. The yellow direction indicator shows which wheel sensor must be activated. At the end the horn sound several times. When you drive some meters, all 4 tire pressures are shown on the instrument cluster display.

Thank you for your help!

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tire sensors with the part number 13542523 work now perfect on my 2023 Tahoe. They must be activated by holding the scroll wheel on the right side of the steering wheel in the tire pressure display until the horn sounds.
Then the left front direction indicator goes on. Then you have to activate the left front sensor pressing once the button of by EL-50448 activation tool, the tool showing torwards the sidewall of the tire next to the valve stem. The horn makes a sound. Then you go from wheel to wheel clockwise around the car and activate each sensor. The yellow direction indicator shows which wheel sensor must be activated. At the end the horn sound several times. When you drive some meters, all 4 tire pressures are shown on the instrument cluster display.

Thank you for your help!
It started with just one TPS going out on me (on aftermarket wheels), so I took it to dealership #1 and they ended up deactivating all of them because they seemingly didn't know what they were doing. I was pissed about that experience, so I took it back to dealership #2 where I initially had them activate it. They weren't successful this time around either, so I may have to invest in some new tire sensors as well.

This feature is more important to me more than anything in the system (besides gas) because of my 24x14's on 33's. I'd have less sidewall rubber to cushion the powder coat finish on the rim in the event of a blowout, so for that reason I always have my gauge screen fixated on the TPS page whenever I drive. So far I haven't had any tire failures, but it's always good to know if my air pressure falls below my target pressure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar