Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors - '07 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my tires off yesterday, installed the new Tire Pressure Sensors. Tried the "relearn" process and none of the new sensors. I have done this process several times over the past years when I rotate the tires (put emergency brake on, press the check button on the dash, the vehicle beeps twice and the dash display shows "relearn process started"), I go to the driver front, passenger front, passenger rear, driver rear lowering or raising the tire pressure until I hear the vehicle beep in-between each tire.

None of the old sensors are within range to be seen.

None of the new sensors are showing any tire pressure?

Is there something different that needs to be done when replacing the sensors as opposed to changing the locations?

This is what I was afraid of, new ones would not work?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I have heard they have to be activated with a tool in order to turn them on initially. They need to "see" a 315mhz signal in order to turn on.

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, never heard that, have to look into it.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not have to use a tool to activate mine.

Did you drive the truck around for a few minutes before starting? When letting air from the tires, I counted to eight then stopped and the horn soon beeped on the first. The others beeped while letting air out.

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just took it out for a drive, have not tried the re-learn, still showing no pressure on each tire.

You have a Yukon?

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm no tire/wheel expert, but the way I've understood it is that you can't use the built-in relearn function with new sensors. That is only for when you rotate the tires. You need a tool to make new sensors work.

This is what I bought when I had new sensors installed on my Silverado and it worked like a charm. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-EL-5044...969431?hash=item464be462d7:g:h2kAAOSwuxFYwkle

Do you know what part number tire pressure sensors you have that this worked with? The replacement ones I bought have a part number on them 1640764337, but the eBay auction listed them as 25920615.

The tire pressure activation tool looks good, just want to make sure that it will work with what I have?

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My sensors are Dorman 974-009, but they seem to cross also to the number you listed, so you should be good to go.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just took it out for a drive, have not tried the re-learn, still showing no pressure on each tire.

You have a Yukon?

Yes, a 2009 Yukon XL SLT. I just replaced 2 sensors with new ones last week and did not need any additional tools. While at the tire shop, the techs tried and tried and could not get them to work right. There were two other GM trucks being driven in and worked on and there was probably interference. Tried it at home but it did not work either but I was trying to start the process with my Tech2. When using the Tech2, one must use the other tool, the magic wand, to complete the process.

So I went back and started from scratch, made sure everything was right, no old sensors or remotes around, no other cars nearby and put the parking brake on, put the key on, engine off, and pressed the two lock buttons on the remote. Everything worked like a champ afterwards.

My new sensors are 13598771.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, some new info from testing I did.

Did the Re-Learn, found that the front 2 sensors would get the vehicle to beep when lowering pressure, but not the back 2. Not sure what to make of this? Is this 2 bad sensors, most likely, but I am not sure how these communicate with the vehicle computer and identify themselves (different ID codes??), so if they have the same ID codes as the 2 that work, then they won;t work either. The reason I say this is that I tried an additional test where after the 2nd good sensor beeped, I went back to the first one and lowered the pressure but it would not recognize if, so that tells me that the vehicle computer knows this one by its code.

My point here is that if I just replace the 2 that don't work, how can I be sure new ones will not have the same codes as the 2 that I have now working, probably be best to just buy 4 new ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700