This worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chitown906

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://up.craigslist.org/cto/2609488096.html

Called about it they will go as low as $2k figured for a quick flip ?

Apparently it needs a windshield ( crack at lower end ) and the rear bumper is cracked. My insurance covers windshields and i dont pay a deductible so that would save me about $400 and the rear bumper i can just get a aftermarket for about $250 .

My main concern would be the fact is isn't running but after reading it seems as if the issue im coming up with is the Crank sensors.

All in put is welcome, def considering picking this up though..

Chi_Town

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id go look at it. maybe take a mechanic or take it to a mechanic. usually when people guess whats wrong with it, their completely wrong. Just saying sir. but umm i wouldnt go in buying it without a knowing exactly whats wrong... Could be the whole electric system is shot... ya never know. id go in cautious if i were you. Good luck with the buy.

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ask him if it is throwing any codes and definitely take a look at it with a mechanic. Let us know how it goes!

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what sun said^^^^ i have a buddy thats his second job he goes and buys cars with blown motors or frames that are bent and just parts the vehicles out on ebay his best turn around yet he told me was a ford f150 that he parted out and made a $4600 dollar profit took him 2 months but he only bought it for 600 dollars its not a bad deal , just takes a little time

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can give an opinion on this. I bought my wife an 04 Trailblazer, and then I joined trailvoy.com forum. I'm even thinking about getting the 5.3l Trailvoy for myself. I've been subscribed to this kijiji feed for months now.

Short answer: NO.

Here's the long answer:
That's a baseline TB. There are no fogs or puddle lamps.
I've been watching all of Ontario for TB parts for some time. Based on the purchase price of that 02 TB and it's miles and that I see people trying to sell parts online, I wouldn't do it. It will take too long to recoup your $, let alone make a profit.

The only parts that seem to sell well are the TB SS parts, otherwise I see th e ads languish on kijiji.

I wouldn't even buy that one for DD use. It's an 02, too old. It's $2k too much for a baseline model with high miles.

BTW, if you are entertaining buying it, things to look out for are a cracked exhaust manifold and a bad fan clutch. They seem to be the most common issues with TrailVoys.

Just my $0.02.
Good Luck with your decision whichever way you go!

HankHill

Reaction score
I wouldn't even buy that one for DD use. It's an 02, too old. It's $2k too much for a baseline model with high miles.

3 of my 4 vehicles are older than '02; and they can be & are driven anywhere daily. Condition is everything, what year it was made means nothing. Having said that, don't get your hopes up for that TB. There's generally a reason cheap vehicles are cheap.

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 of my 4 vehicles are older than '02; and they can be & are driven anywhere daily. Condition is everything, what year it was made means nothing.....

Sorry, your right. I mean I still drive my 99 and I love it.
I should have been more clear.

What I mean is that 02 was the first model year for the GMT360 platform. It was a brand new platform for GM that was bound to have teething problems. As time has gone by, sure enough the 02's and 03's of that platform were deemed to have problems.
This is most likely true for any new platform from any manufacturer. Give it at least a couple of years before you buy into it to make sure they have most of the production issues sorted.
BTW, this advice was given to me by friends who work in Southern Ontario at car manufacturing places. Specific vehicles include; Ford Crown Vic manufactured in St. Thomas, Ford 150 manufactured in Burlington, Honda Odysey manufactured in Alliston, and Chrysler 300 manufactured in Brampton.

So, I figured if the guys who are making the cars are telling me this, then who am I to argue with them. It's one of the reasons that I like buying the last year of production for a specific model. The last years will be the best in build quality.

Thereby an 02 in this platform is too old and that's why my wife got an 04 TB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076