thinking about tinting front windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i live in so cal and am thinking of tinting my front windows but dont really want to get in trouble with the law haha im trying to become a firefighter and anything on your record looks bad even tickets so idk i wanted to get 20% just like all the back windows to match does anyone have 20% and get pulled over alot i know here they are kinda strict...

preston

Reaction score
It really depends on your area and how the cops are. If you say they are kinda strict in your area then I would probably only tint them to the legal limit for your state.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
roll down the windows when you see a cop
you just have to be more aware when you drive but I think the tint is worth it

plus it won't go on your record you just take it off and have a cop sign the ticket and its like it never even happened besides your wallet being a little lighter

OP
OP
WhoDatPanic

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much is the ticket now ? is it still a fix it ticket or worse ?

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
mine was $60 but thats because I had an illegal windshield decal on the same ticket

the costs were $35 and $25 I don't know which was for tint

took tint off sunday, signed off monday, court tuesday, tint put back on thursday HAHA!

still just a fix it ticket in CA

OP
OP
WhoDatPanic

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what percentage did you have .... im worried haha i hate being so worried about little stuff like this but i have to keep my record and driving record perfectly clean for fire.... and i would just rather not have to bother with the police.... but i dont know i think 20% on the front windows would make it look so much better hard choice....

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for the record.. reckless driving tickets and speeding tickets.. "Moving Violations".. is what is truelly frowned on.. not to say in a coin toss.. you might lose based on a random ticket like tint or h.i.d.s ..

But their primary concern is to keep dangerous drivers out of the drivers seat of a 20 ton vehicle that WILL be speeding and WILL be cutting through traffic.. they arent worried as much about you tinting its windows :)

OP
OP
WhoDatPanic

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh i know that haha but i mean like you said coin toss but i see what u mean also im just trying to figure out what to do before pulling the trigger i have a guy that can do both sides 20% for 70 im thinkjing about doing it tommarow but at the same time thinking maybe i shouldnt idk...

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have 5% on top of the stock 20 in the back and 10% in the front. truck looks amazing and police dont **** with me here in MD. i dont do stupid things on the road. Dont speed and dont act foolish. you'll be fine. basically dont attract attention and u'll be fine

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it was a potential job on the line for me, i wouldn't chance it. i would either leave it or just do the maximum legal limit. :imo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtidd

Latest posts