thinking about tinting front windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WhoDatPanic

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i just found out tint tickets are no longer fix it tickets they are 1 point on your record and its a bigger fine now!! so no tint for me :(

erock198

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are tinted to match and I just hit the auto down on both front windows when they walk up to the truck. I was getting pulled over a lot when I first bought it and had the temp tags on it. White truck with tinted windows and chrome wheels...profile much...

Dismay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an idea of making a hidden kill switch for the power windows... you start to get pulled over, roll down the front windows and hit the kill switch, then act like you don't know why your windows won't come back up for him to use his meter on them.

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Cal here, I went medium up front. Never been stopped or harassed. Don't wanna deal with it so I got medium.

2299408046_36da6dea44_b.jpg

2298605843_0c603ed60c_b.jpg

2507667306_8af43e6814_b.jpg

4283241998_c9d7531994_b.jpg

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
So Cal here also. I believe i went with dark not really to sure i think it was 35%

CIMG4459.jpg

with the sun hitting it

CIMG4117.jpg

from the side kinda give you an ideal

Elisha30thYearoldBirthday040.jpg

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had tint and took it off because it was messed up
and i wanna put it back on the front windows
i didnt kno its a point on ur license
hmmm
oh and in cali NO TINT IS ALLOWED ON THE FRONT 3 windows

thor1125

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so cal here as well.. the only time it is a point on your record is when it is on the windsheild.. other than that it is a 10-15 dollar fix it ticket depending where you get the ticket.. i have had a hanful of them as well as a million others.. for truck to high,, frame height to high, headlights to high. headlights to bright (100 watt hids) .. to many lights on )(100 watt hid headlights and 100 watt hid fohlights), bumper to high, no mudflaps, bumpers to high, blah blah ..if there is a ticket for it i have gotten it .. i have made my city rich with all them damn tickets .. lol ... but anyways it wont mess up your chance for being a fire fighter.. been there done that .. i have double limo tint all the way around except the windshield is 35%

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im thinking about doing tint also. No tint on front right now, factory on rear. I want it dark, but not limo tint, the front anyway. Usually all the cars i have bought have had tint already, so ive had no point in tinting them. So my question is, what is the % of tint? like how does it go.. i know limo and thats about it. I have a black tahoe and in houston its like 100 plus w/o the humidity and dont feel like dying in my truck.
I like 06tahoe's tint. But the front i could use a little lighter. Live in houston, dont even know the legal though, but i know its too light.
Sorry for thread jack, just fixing to do the same thing myself and want to see some tints on some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trappnastyy