Thinking about swapping my 06 Denali xL from column to console shift

Worth the extra effort to convert column shift to floor shifter?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bdubb

Bdubb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After more research, the column shifted trucks have a 5pin plug plugged into the spot on the column that the shift lever attaches. That same exact plug is located on the front of the floor shifters. On both, they are both referred by GM using the same name. Also the pin-out is identical on the 6 different trucks i cross referenced using GM wiring schematics.

As a side note: TrailBlazers and Envoys had the parking break in the console, unlike the full size that had the pedal. Looks like it may be possible to retrofit that as well.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, it's simpler than you think. Check out the thread "center console shifter" on this forum. I describe how I converted mine using a Trailblazer shifter. The only other parts you need are the column cover from a base model work truck with a floor shift to eliminate the hole after you remove the column shift lever and a home-made bracket to mount the shifter with. The cable can be rerouted from the column and will plug right into the Trailblazer shifter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jezze77