Thin gray line tahoe build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the damn thing was dying on me when it would cold start. I took it back to the tuner and he leveled out the air flow on it and it seemed to run better until I parked it but now I've got a p0300 code and cell. Plus the dying has started again. I'm going to give him one last Crack at it before taking it to a different tuner

What say yall?

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the damn thing was dying on me when it would cold start. I took it back to the tuner and he leveled out the air flow on it and it seemed to run better until I parked it but now I've got a p0300 code and cell. Plus the dying has started again. I'm going to give him one last Crack at it before taking it to a different tuner

What say yall?
Tuning is def not my forte but surely he can get you sorted out. In our area, good tuners are either extremely busy or non-existent.

OP
OP
T

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah

It's still dying. Every one is blaming it on the cam and the 2800-3k stall. If the stage 3 cam is going to cause reliability issues then Id just as soon have it pulled out and a truck Norris cam installed.

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah

It's still dying. Every one is blaming it on the cam and the 2800-3k stall. If the stage 3 cam is going to cause reliability issues then Id just as soon have it pulled out and a truck Norris cam installed.
Find a new tuner, a stage 3 cam and stall should not cause issues like that. Have you reached out to Blackbear? Highly reputable on here, they've done two of my vehicles and been great.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah

Find a new tuner. My Camaro has a monster cam (tsp Texas giant) and it does pretty decent. Still working out some bugs on the initial rolling from park to in gear, it wants to idle too low. He needs to check the base running airflow at all coolant temps. This is my understanding of it. I'm no pro and still very lost but that's what I've gathered from my learning (with a lot of step by step help from a super awesome friend)

OP
OP
T

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I discovered that when the new motor was put in they used rtv on the intake instead of putting a gasket there. I've got a metal intake gasket I've been reading that that can cause issues like im having (a bad intake gasket can).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk