thehoe92 Painted Rims **PICS**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
awaiting the lulz! :D

haha I've already decided.. well MOB already decided for me black caps with purple lugs!!

fail party?
look at what color the bouncing laughing smiley is :D

mikeyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the rims its differnt. but deffently sand them down or else the paint is going to come off very easy also ss bumper deffently

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
i like the rims its differnt. but deffently sand them down or else the paint is going to come off very easy also ss bumper deffently

thought the same thing dude I was very afraid to even touch them
just cleaned them today and the paint isn't going anywhere

plus the point of this whole shabang was an experiment.. I'm not going to sand down the rims and paint them if I don't like the paint on them in the first place

I'm sure with a clear coat over the top when we redo them it will be solid!

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That paint isn't going anywhere sanding or not trust me I painted my last set not sanding and they stayed perfict for almost 2 years no clear nothn off roAd presure washer everything if u sprayvit right if fine

We will re do it but as of now it's not commn off just by driving it on the street it's all good

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, you can get powdercoat to be a brilliant, translucent, anodized-looking purple.

details2.jpg

the fuel rail and th cross brace are powder, the wiggens fittings are anodized.

subframe3.jpg

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
holy shit HYPHY!!!
damn that looks amazing

that just straight up SHIT on our attempt at painting I'm sorry clean

BUT is it possible to just do the lip and not the black?

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW dude! Simply amazing! The one thing I wish I would have done is try to paint my rims b4 I sent them off to P/C b/ if it came out like shit they'd be getting powder coated. You know how paraniod I was/still am bout parking and driving with P/C'd rims? ***** ***** on wheels if they scraped. I lost it at the car wash when the worker missed the latch and hit my rim on the "pulley" they pointed at the sign saying they are not responsible. I pointed to him that I was gonna kick his ass! If the rims weren't p/c'd then cops would have never came!

I'm partially color blind...kinda hard to tell what color your truck is. THAT PURPLE IS SICK! Can't believe you didn't etch the chrome for better adhesion of CC it to protect it! Either shit came out sick. It cost me $400 to get my 22's done!

How about everyother lug nut chrome n purple. I have everyother lugnt Chrome and Black. 2 Diff lug nuts too for added wheel protection. With Chrome FOOSE center caps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts