The OFFICIAL 2015 Tahoe unveiling thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a large vehicle, Bass911. It's a truck in a dying segment. Buying one fully loaded screams "road presence" almost the same as a Corvette. It's a vehicle with almost no competitors. It's a niche, an expensive one. The Corvette is just as common really, with a segment of many other competitors. Cars are a dime-a-dozen.

Bass911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a large vehicle, Bass911. It's a truck in a dying segment. Buying one fully loaded screams "road presence" almost the same as a Corvette. It's a vehicle with almost no competitors. It's a niche, an expensive one. The Corvette is just as common really, with a segment of many other competitors. Cars are a dime-a-dozen.

Corvettes are not as common and that is a fact. The first Tahoe made doesn't have the same road presence as the first Corvette made and is worth less money. My Tahoe does not have the same road presence as a C6 Corvette. There are more Tahoes on the streets than Corvettes. You will see Tahoes every corner you turn and that makes it common. You might see 2-4 Corvettes a day. I've never seen anyone walk around and stare at 2015 Tahoe like they did the C7 Corvette. I was at a place where they had both before they were on the market. Sure they were impressed by the Tahoe, but there was a super huge crowd around the C7 all day long. The Tahoe might not have any competition in our eyes, but someone out there believes their Expedition is better. I know a bunch of guys that have convinced themselves that a F-150 is better than a Silverado and that makes it competition whether we like it or not. Some guys with v6 Challengers think they have the same road presence as a SRT Challenger. I guess it all about opinion? The new Denali looks awesome but not for 75k!

ajeagle6921

Reaction score
Corvettes are not as common and that is a fact. The first Tahoe made doesn't have the same road presence as the first Corvette made and is worth less money. My Tahoe does not have the same road presence as a C6 Corvette. There are more Tahoes on the streets than Corvettes. You will see Tahoes every corner you turn and that makes it common. You might see 2-4 Corvettes a day. I've never seen anyone walk around and stare at 2015 Tahoe like they did the C7 Corvette. I was at a place where they had both before they were on the market. Sure they were impressed by the Tahoe, but there was a super huge crowd around the C7 all day long. The Tahoe might not have any competition in our eyes, but someone out there believes their Expedition is better. I know a bunch of guys that have convinced themselves that a F-150 is better than a Silverado and that makes it competition whether we like it or not. Some guys with v6 Challengers think they have the same road presence as a SRT Challenger. I guess it all about opinion? The new Denali looks awesome but not for 75k!

Bass911,
What about Denali for $66K? That is with everything except addaptive cruise and motorized running boards.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ok point proven. But there's someone out there that thinks a Porsche is better than a Corvette. So that point isn't valid. And I never said the Tahoe didn't have any competition, it's in a dying segment. And judging by the sales numbers, the Tahoe basically doesn't have any competition.

Last edited:

showtime1k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seen a white Yukon at a dealer in South Carolina. This dude told me 64,000.???
Wth. That was a vase model

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seen a white Yukon at a dealer in South Carolina. This dude told me 64,000.???
Wth. That was a vase model

IF that was a Yukon SLT, That's about right without any discounts.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10003381_10152066628538371_745195217_n.jpg

showtime1k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IF that was a Yukon SLT, That's about right without any discounts.

Might of been, it did have the auto fold seats to the third row, but damn I paid 37,500 for my 02 Denali . That's almost double on a mid model

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abruck