The dreaded flashing Check Engine Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
take the o2 back out, leave the hole open, so its an exhaust leak, see if it runs better.

OP
OP
Motojoe86

Motojoe86

Reaction score
take the o2 back out, leave the hole open, so its an exhaust leak, see if it runs better.

I will give that a shot tomorrow or tuesday when I can get out of snow haha. Thanks. I wanna do the cats but Im gonna be really bummed if that isnt it. I saw someone on this thread
has them cheap and then I just gotta pay to get them welded

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can also hit the cats with your palm hard, listen for stuff rattling inside the cat. if you hear it, cats clogged up, or even broken and clogging the pipe.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I will give that a shot tomorrow or tuesday when I can get out of snow haha. Thanks. I wanna do the cats but Im gonna be really bummed if that isnt it. I saw someone on this thread
has them cheap and then I just gotta pay to get them welded
41-02ftl41L._SY400_.jpg

OP
OP
Motojoe86

Motojoe86

Reaction score
you can also hit the cats with your palm hard, listen for stuff rattling inside the cat. if you hear it, cats clogged up, or even broken and clogging the pipe.

I tried that when i did o2s. Sound solid, no rattling or anything loose. Actually look very solid and clean from exterior too (I know that doesn't mean anything though). Im hoping maybe the computer needs to cycle and o2 sensors end up clearing it up. Im gonna hit with thermal temp gun this week and see if temps are in line

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the cel on still? you try clearing it since the new o2's went in?

if not clear it, see if it comes back.

OP
OP
Motojoe86

Motojoe86

Reaction score
the cel on still? you try clearing it since the new o2's went in?

if not clear it, see if it comes back.

I just pulled negative cable for 30 minutes with safeties on but didn't clear. I presume i have to pull both?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that should have done it. typically if the light comes right back on still you got another issue, like a blown fuse or bad wire off the plug.

best to get it scanned and post the code/codes's your getting.

OP
OP
Motojoe86

Motojoe86

Reaction score
that should have done it. typically if the light comes right back on still you got another issue, like a blown fuse or bad wire off the plug.

best to get it scanned and post the code/codes's your getting.

I scanned it at autozone lol. I dont have the paper with me but ill post it tonight. It was a 11 codes I think so something else is triggering it. That said, I dont know that battery reset properly though because my radio presets and time were still there. I have a good 70 mile cruise to watch superbowl so I imagine it will complete a cycle by then. Ill update if it changes anything. Fingers crossed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gmdealerguy