Tahoe SSV brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schwartzint1

Reaction score
This will be my first time doing brakes on my SSV since I bought it. I think I have read somewhere that the SSV has different (perhaps beefier) brakes than the standard tahoe. On the tech spec all it says is 4wheel disk brake. Looking around online my options for vehicle fit is hybrid, ls, lt or ltz. Curious is anyone here has experience with this? Are they the standard LS brakes or do I need to get something different? Replacing rotors and pads. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
The main difference is that the rotors are drilled. You can replace them with off the shelf Tahoe parts but the police package stuff isn't that much more. All available at rockauto.com. When I got mine the pads were literally falling apart. The agency that I got it from didn't use the correct pads for severe duty, just some jobber parts house pads for any old Tahoe. I went with ceramics. You may want to order new caliper bolts for all wheels. It will make the next brake job much easier. Mine were blasted on an semi-rounded with an impact wrench by whatever shop monkeys had it before me. Also, when replacing the brake pad hardware, remove the caliper slide bolts and just insert. It will save you a lot of time.
Cheers!

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The main difference is the front pads are thicker. You leave no info as to what year you own, but when I went searching for brake parts for our '10 PPV, several online lookups didn't even reference a PPV in 2010. I looked up parts for a 2012, which consistently showed a separate listing for a PPV, and those parts bolted right up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo