Brakes and possibly transmission issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrShmack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Seeking some advice on a few issues with my “new to me” 2003 Tahoe. There seems to be an issue with the brakes where when I’m driving the brakes like to get hard and pulsate almost but will eventually get soft and compress all the way down. I have done a little research on the forums already and have read that it could possibly be the wheel speed sensors but is there anything else? My second issue is when in drive it won’t shift at all. Almost as if every gear is just a neutral but as soon as I toggle traction control off it shifts perfectly. Lastly, the last couple of days here I’ve noticed the steering wheel wanting to jerk on acceleration from only a complete stop. It lasts about 3-4 seconds then straightens out. Could all these issues be from the wheel speed sensors? It’s a long post but any help is much appreciated so thank you in advance!

OP
OP
MrShmack

MrShmack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think that you need a quality bi-directional scanner and check out the operation of your ABS system.
Definitely an issue with the ABS system. Just tested a theory I had of pulling the ABS fuse. Drove fine for about 5 minutes until Traction assist turned on and it quit shifting. I turned it off and it was fine again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar