Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

10 Tahoe Ltz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been trying to fix an issue with my climate controlled seat package on my LTZ truck. I HAVE read through every available post on this board and have not had success.

There are great write up for the "burnt pin" related issues. This is different.

Issue: activate heated seat using the drivers door switch, which illuminates and stays illuminated. The relay under the passenger seat clicks on. However the seat bottom blower fan turns off within 30 seconds and the seats do not heat.

FIX: The heating element in the blower motor in the seat back was Burt out.

I replaced the bottom blower element (since that failed to heat also) however never thought to check the seat back element.

In this particular truck if either heating element/ fan assemblies are burnt out it causes the entire side to shut off.

once I replaced the seat back fan/heat module it was heating up 100%. All in all it cost me $300 for the 2 parts but finally have my heated seats working.

I did notice that when the car is auto started it automatically starts the heated seats in the winter which probably contributes to the early burn out of the components.

I hope that saves at least one person the time I wasted checking the entire electrical system. I have attached a photo of the Burt out element.

Instead of drilling out rivets you can't use a T6 and remove the 5 outermost screws to just remove the guts for replacement.

ECC07A3A-1578-432D-9028-B273F5DEB594.jpeg E58A2CCE-72C2-4F8C-82A4-5D5EC59086CE.jpeg

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Is this only with the heated and cooled seats?

I assume the heated only seats just have a "heated blanket" type of a config?

camaroz2887

Reaction score
How were you able to test which elements were burnt out?

I have the exact same issue on my ‘10. Checked the normal harness connections and fuses with no luck and just haven’t had good enough reason to buy a tech2 and test the easy way.

would really appreciate seat warmers right about now though lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts