Tahoe is dead, electrically

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RealTahoeSS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello. I have a 2001 Tahoe SS. It died the other day. After turning off the engine a noise came from the dash, then everything went dead. I disconnected the battery worried about a fire. I’ve traced out the positive and negative battery cables; found no problems. I started taking the dash apart on the drivers side. I’m not sure where the body control module is located. I’ve tested every fuse. The 10 amp under the hood labeled “TRL B/U” is blown. It says it’s for the bcm. Could use some direction to correctly troubleshoot. Thanks for any help.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That fuse is for your back up lamps trailer wiring. I think the BCM on those is under the driver's side dash towards the left above the pedals. There should be a couple of modules there so read them.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello. I have a 2001 Tahoe SS. It died the other day. After turning off the engine a noise came from the dash, then everything went dead. I disconnected the battery worried about a fire. I’ve traced out the positive and negative battery cables; found no problems. I started taking the dash apart on the drivers side. I’m not sure where the body control module is located. I’ve tested every fuse. The 10 amp under the hood labeled “TRL B/U” is blown. It says it’s for the bcm. Could use some direction to correctly troubleshoot. Thanks for any help.

check the ground wire on the firewall running to the back of the engine. its on the drivers side and your hood light may share this ground.

OP
OP
RealTahoeSS

RealTahoeSS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
check the ground wire on the firewall running to the back of the engine. its on the drivers side and your hood light may share this ground.
Thanks. That was the first thing I checked. All the ground connections are good.

OP
OP
RealTahoeSS

RealTahoeSS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That fuse is for your back up lamps trailer wiring. I think the BCM on those is under the driver's side dash towards the left above the pedals. There should be a couple of modules there so read them.
Thanks. Found modules, still couldn’t find the bcm.

OP
OP
RealTahoeSS

RealTahoeSS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes I know it’s a module. I found other ones, not the one I’m looking for. Thank you

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this should be where it is, at least that's what your looking for, top dead center in photo with black squares printed on it, I sold my 2000 yukon but this photo is from a 2003 silvy should be in the same spot. but could be to the right in front of center console or could be to the left on firewall also.
https://i0.wp.com/104.197.77.209/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/DSC04776.jpg
DSC04776.jpg

OP
OP
RealTahoeSS

RealTahoeSS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. I found that. It only has 3 plugs on it. I was told it has seven connections. Obviously bad info. On my end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nasahigh303