Tahoe door keypad installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 19 and I only got 3 months free. It was a nice feature to have but I'm not paying $15 a month to unlock my truck with my phone.

If you guys know a secret on getting the 3-5 years free, let me know.

You should still be able to use the remote features. You just won't be able to use the screens that show your tire pressure, oil level, location and that stuff...

Last edited:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should still be able to use the remote features. You just won't be able to use the screens that show your tire pressure, oil level, location and that stuff...

The app says I need to upgrade my service to use it.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. So it seems they have tied the remote page to the location services???

I'm not sure. It really sucks to pay as much as we pay for these vehicles and simple service like an app to do basic things is an extra fee, monthly. I enjoyed being able to start the vehicle from the phone but for $15 a month, I'll find the key.

Akinshake

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure it was 17 that was the cutoff. If you purchased your vehicle new before a certain date, you had 5 years of the basic app features. After that was 3 yrs for a new vehicle. If you had bought a used Gm 11 or newer I believe you got 3 years of the basic features like lock/unlock on the app. I think it was 18 when they changed all the preowned stuff to one month and that’s it. I used to sell Buick and gmc for three years but left a year ago. Still have a lot of friends there and happen to be swinging by today to show them my new to me 2016 Yukon xl Denali, and ask parts and service a few questions. I’ll verify and get back to you on the exacts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10