Door lock actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob Yukon

Reaction score
My 2000 Yukon Denali has decided to stop opening the rear cargo door with the remote. So I changed out the part and still not working. Returned the part. Also bought a rivet gun to install the part and it busted on the first rivet. Doing all this in the pouring rain. Also maybe related the front passenger door is not always locking and unlocking with the remote. Any suggestions??

OP
OP
R

Rob Yukon

Reaction score
Probably related, the rear defrost doesn’t work on that window either. I cleaned all the contacts and still nothing.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Carefully inspect the wiring harness where it goes from the body to the liftgate, near the hinge. The wires tend to get compromised in that harness, and there is a connector there IIRC.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As in barn doors? This has the 5.7L engine in the OBS?
GMT800 SUV's were sold up until 2003 with the barn doors as an option, OR the lift gate. I've heard some people mention that they have seen it on a few 2004 models, but as far as I know it stopped in 2003, and all 04-06 models came with liftgates.

Attachments

• 71+lkwRWgoL~2.jpg
    71+lkwRWgoL~2.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 3

filthysuburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fun fact I learned the hard way, I don't have barn doors though. The metal clasp in the door that grabs the hook can get jammed and the door gets stuck so oil that metal clasp. I thought my lift gate was locked, but it was jammed and took a big pull to unstick. The door lock actuators do start to go after 20+ years, my dad's 2003 express is like 50/50 on every door if it will lock. My 05 suburban is more like 90% chance the doors lock lol. Sometimes a lock only will move halfway and look locked but it isn't.

For rear defrost check the windows resistance with a multimeter, if it's not open circuit then check the contacts for voltage (while defrost is on), if there's voltage then the relay is good. You're hoping it's the relay basically. Does your top brake light work? I think that's on the same harness.

OP
OP
R

Rob Yukon

Reaction score
I pulled this switch apart and the connectors look damaged. I don’t know what it’s called so I don’t know what to order. IMG_0565.jpegIMG_0564.jpeg

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try grabbing the low pin and pull it back out. May just be stuck from lack of cleaning.Test spring against the others. I'll try to find a reference and part #. Good luck!
BTW really looks like a GMT400.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10