Tahoe door keypad installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do man. I'm pretty excited about it, because I thought they were going to charge way more than $125 for the part. Ford still has the keypads, but they are integrated into the B pillars, not raised up as buttons on some models. The buttons light up as you move your fingers across them (my wife's Ford Explorer has this). In fact, you wouldn't know that the hidden keypad existed on the B pillar by just walking/driving past. Picture is below.

Believe it or not, I know people that have liked the keypad so much, that they didn't buy a GM vehicle simply because they don't offer this option from the factory (it almost detracted me from considering a Tahoe)... Anyways, I was excited to find out about this option today, and can't wait to get it on my truck.

View attachment 193844
I have it on my Ford Fusions. Great convenience.

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a keypad on my 1993 nissan maxima when I was in highschool. Loved it back then, Used to lock the keys in the car when I went to play basketball or football at the park. I could also roll down the windows with the key pad. I guess to be discreet, it would hide well on the back of the SUV on the opposite side of where the back glass button is.

OP
OP
BEIS

BEIS

Reaction score
Got it installed. It’s way better than I expected it to be:

-You can lock it while the key fobs are in the truck
-You can lock it while the truck is running
-The keys light up red while using it
-You can activate both the hatch and tailgate with it
-Doesn’t look or feel cheap

I attached the instructions for those interested. Hope this helps others out

*Found out from the tech*
They typically install these on ambulances and some other first responder vehicles with zero complaints as of yet

8F2D390A-AD06-4EE8-85E7-F5A907B46E94.jpeg 30E6760B-3346-4DE9-90A5-A0FC9F13AB5B.jpeg

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Got it installed. It’s way better than I expected it to be:

-You can lock it while the keys are in the truck
-You can lock it while the truck is running
-The keys light up red while using it
-You can activate both the hatch and tailgate with it
-Doesn’t look or feel cheap

I attached the instructions for those interested. Hope this helps others out

*Found out from the tech*
They typically install these on ambulances and some other first responder vehicles with zero complaints as of yet

View attachment 194260 View attachment 194261
I had a Super Coupe back in the day with the key pad. Loved it. I was able to open the trunk with it too. When i worked at a prison, I used to let it run with the keys locked in it (frowned upon, lol). I once locked the keys in the trunk while on the highway. No problem, punched the number in and opened it up. Real life saver. Wish our nbs's had the feature.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just use the app? I think basic access (lock unlock etc) is included for 5 years.

Maybe I’m wrong...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm scratching my head on this one.

What is the benefit of locking one's keys inside the car? I much prefer locking/unlocking a car with the keys in my pocket and just hitting a button on the door (to lock) or pulling the door handle (to unlock). What's wrong with just using the keyfob?

Seems like throwing money at a first world problem.

GET OFF MY LAWN! lol

OP
OP
BEIS

BEIS

Reaction score

What is the benefit of locking one's keys inside the car? I much prefer locking/unlocking a car with the keys in my pocket and just hitting a button on the door (to lock) or pulling the door handle (to unlock). What's wrong with just using the keyfob?

GET OFF MY LAWN! lol

Agreed. Any money spent on any modification to a 2015+ truck is an attempt to solve a first world problem. And I love it.:patriot:

Anyways, didn't think I'd have to spell this out, but here are some scenarios that this would benefit:
- Running into a store real quick to get something, and being able to lock your running truck with dogs inside (I commute through some dicey areas)
- Locking your key fob, wallet, phone in your truck if you are going on a hike/run/hunting/going out on the boat/going to the gym
- Being able to unlock your truck if you can't find your keys/phone, or if your keys/phone are in the house/different location (especially while working outside)
- If your phone dies, you're still able to unlock your truck
- If my wife needs to get into the truck, and I'm out of the area with my keys, she can get in (I've got several trucks)
- You can keep your key fob inside the truck 24/7 and not have to ever take the key fob out of the vehicle (lots of people do this, especially if you store your truck in a garage)
- You can give your keypad combo to friends if you're away from the truck and they left something inside
- Any combo of the scenarios above

And anybody that says "a brick to the window is my master key", by all means, can pay a repair bill that is twice what I paid for a keypad. Can't fix stupid.

Last edited:

Demer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

GET OFF MY LAWN! lol

Kayaking/rafting in remote areas where the phone/app wont work. Don't want to risk losing the keys to the river so I leave them with the vehicle. Keypad would be amazing for me so I dont have to hide my key somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st