Switched 12V+ in overhead console or mirror harness?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surely there's one in there, right? Anyone know for sure and where before I go removing things to poke around with my DVOM? Just looking for something to tap my radar detector into. I have an LTZ with all the trimmings up there- built-in remotes, Rain Sense wiper sensor, power liftgate and folding seat switches, sunroof switches, mirror with auto-dim, compass, temp, Onstar, phone, etc. I'd like to think that the sunroof works off of switched power instead of a data circuit from the BCM.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried some more effective search terms and found posts on other forums saying that there aren't any switched sources even in the OHC. Looks like I'm gonna have to run a wire to that box next to the brake pedal.

t.stimpson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went through this with my dash cam. There is no switched power on the inside of these trucks. You have to go to the fuse panel under the hood. There you will find a few fuses that are switched. I think I piggy backed on fuse 54 which is the suspension automatic level control.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was recently replying with someone about this for their dash cam and radar detector, but they didn't want to cut or mess with any factory wires and we we're focusing on a source in or under the dash. I'll check out #54 and others in that area. Thanks for your input.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. Those are the ones I saw recently and was gonna try to find them again. Saved me the hassle!

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also tap in to the yellow/black wire on the right side of the dashboard, behind the removal trim piece.

If you are installing a radar detector, you can pick up a cord that can tap into the mirror/onstar harness. I installed one on my 2008 and it works perfectly. Look for Blendtap on Amazon.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also tap in to the yellow/black wire on the right side of the dashboard, behind the removal trim piece.

If you are installing a radar detector, you can pick up a cord that can tap into the mirror/onstar harness. I installed one on my 2008 and it works perfectly. Look for Blendtap on Amazon.

Cool. I'll check that out. It's a Valentine1 which uses a regular phone terminal for the power/data port. I was just gonna cut a phone cord I had laying around and tap the two center wires to a positive and negative. It's just finding suitable wires to tap. Thanks for the tips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz