Switched 12V+ in overhead console or mirror harness?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm using the Blendtap for my V1 in the 08. Use it hard wired to the black/yellow wire in my 2010 Yukon.

The Blendtaps are less than $20 on Amazon.

Nine29

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check out Invisicord...it's a pre wired cord for a V1 that is designed to tap into the wiring in the rear view mirror.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm using the Blendtap for my V1 in the 08. Use it hard wired to the black/yellow wire in my 2010 Yukon.

The Blendtaps are less than $20 on Amazon.

Couldn't find "blendtap". Google keeps mentioning "blendmount", but I don't need a mount. I see a hardwire cord on Amazon, but I have essentially the same thing with my phone cord. Link to this "Blendtap"? Does it piggyback into the harness going into the mirror to tap the power source?

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah. I see now. I thought it was a power cord with male and female ends of the same harness connector as OEM so that it splices inline as a plug-and-play deal so that no tapping or cutting or soldering of the factory wiring was necessary. Wouldn't matter anyway cuz, apparently, there's no switched power source up there and I don't want to have to turn it on/off manually every time.

I'll just route my free phone cord to either that box by the brake pedal or whatever's in the panel on the passenger's side of the dash if that's more suitable. I have some small braided wire loom I can slip over the visible part of the phone cord to dress it up a bit if I decide to.

Thanks for everyone's input!

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On 07-14 there is switched power in the mirror. All you do is insert the pins into the plug.

Well, shit. I thought the yellow/black wire you mentioned was in the dash. So, you tapped a yellow/black wire in your 2010 Yukon, but what did you tap in your '08? Same color wires? I'm not a noob at all to 12V automotive circuits but I'm having trouble piecing all of this together.

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the 10, I used the V1 hardwire kit and tapped into the black yellow wire on the passenger side of the dash.

On the 08, I'm using the mirrortap.

I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the 10, I used the V1 hardwire kit and tapped into the black yellow wire on the passenger side of the dash.

On the 08, I'm using the mirrortap.

I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.

Thanks for clarifying!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094