Supercharged Tahoe TBSS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not anytime soon. After trans I'm going to replace front struts, upper control arms, upgrade the sway bars maybe Larger brakes and rotors.

I didn't do a 4l80. Too much needed to convert. I ordered a level 4 Gear Star 4l65E built up to handle 700hp and had them install the new Sonex Smartdrum that just came out not long ago. The smart drum is a badass piece of technology someone came up with. The 4l65e had newer and updated parts than the 60 and it's a direct bolt on no conversions needed.
I'm lucky in that my Denali came with the 4l65E and it was rebuilt before I bought the truck. Although I'm not sure what level they went with, I did find out they installed a shift kit and a deep pan so I'm thinking they did a good job. I installed a Corvette servo and had BB remove torque management so I hope it does ok. But damn, 12 lbs of boost? I'm waiting to get my new cam installed, then headers and then see where my boost is at. I just found out there's 8 smaller pulleys than what I have now, each good for more than a lb of boost so I'll be able to more than make up for the upgrades but I'm not sure if I want to go to 12 lbs lol.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I'm lucky in that my Denali came with the 4l65E and it was rebuilt before I bought the truck. Although I'm not sure what level they went with, I did find out they installed a shift kit and a deep pan so I'm thinking they did a good job. I installed a Corvette servo and had BB remove torque management so I hope it does ok. But damn, 12 lbs of boost? I'm waiting to get my new cam installed, then headers and then see where my boost is at. I just found out there's 8 smaller pulleys than what I have now, each good for more than a lb of boost so I'll be able to more than make up for the upgrades but I'm not sure if I want to go to 12 lbs lol.

I read somewhere where Jenna she said to someone they could run a 2.8 pulley on a 5.3 with flex fuel injectors. But she also said the Tsv1900 was good for 9psi. Can't seem to find that thread.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere where Jenna she said to someone they could run a 2.8 pulley on a 5.3 with flex fuel injectors. But she also said the Tsv1900 was good for 9psi. Can't seem to find that thread.
I have the Whipple 2.3 L with a 3.750 pulley and it's pushing 8 lbs of boost. I can go as small as a 2.750 pulley. Justin said with that size blower I'll probably see more than a 1 lb boost increase for every .125 pulley decrease. Have you thought about meth injection?

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I have the Whipple 2.3 L with a 3.750 pulley and it's pushing 8 lbs of boost. I can go as small as a 2.750 pulley. Justin said with that size blower I'll probably see more than a 1 lb boost increase for every .125 pulley decrease. Have you thought about meth injection?
Yep talked to Justin about it too. It's in the build list

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's gonna be one bad sleeper. The kit is so complete, even down to the tag frame lol. What about the Hood clearance ?
Progress with pics would be great.
David g............:)

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Had my PML deep pan installed. Waiting for motor mounts to arrive and a few seals and then I'll get the ball rolling

IMG_9207.JPG

IMG_9213.JPG

IMG_9216.JPG

IMG_9220.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE