Supercharged Tahoe TBSS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Yea bypass valve what the roots style supercharger use. Mounted after the throttle body. I don't see a way a roots or twin screw could use a bov. I suppose if you use a centrifugal supercharger that mounts before the throttle body you could use a bov as excess pressure needs to be vented somewhere

Pittz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put meth on that Maggie. I utilize my WW tank and have the capability of still washing my windshield, if need be. Even on hot ass days I will only lose about 1/2lb of boost, compared to other guys who have lost 1+ lbs. I tapped mine just at the sensor, so I know exactly when it is low and need a refill. I will be tuning for meth soon! I would not recommend that for anyone who DD, in the event you run out of meth. I do not DD mine at all. Meth starts to come on at 3lbs and full meth at 10lbs.

This is on my Jeep SRT8.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Been awhile. Had a bad pinion bearing that was really bad. Was hoping it was a u joint but no luck. Replaced with greaseable moog joints and did a fresh rear diff service. Nope. Definitely from the rear end. I was gonna build it up but I found a complete same rear end and got it off a Tahoe with 60k on it for $675. Swapped rear ends out at the shop on my own time. Now hooks up no problems. Next will be my performance trans to install.
This was my drain plug with less than 100 miles on it. The royal purple fluid I used was purple with silver glitter flakes in it.

D2485054-D132-48EC-96AE-3848D3F77297.jpeg 9EE23E6E-7EF5-4F72-ACBC-03DB6D3B578F.jpeg E18FF893-9F14-4221-A87B-688C5CF447D6.jpeg

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No such thing as too much fun. Sweet.

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Testing out the new rear end. Highway merge from break down lane. Had ac on and forgot to put haul ass mode on but whatever. Had to stop, caught up to traffic faster than I had planned for

Sounds great, hauls ass even better.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple of questions:

1) How fast would you say you are in the 1/4 mile and how fast is stock, just to compare
2) All that power, sounds like a suspension upgrade is a must? I can only imagine the dip that truck takes
3) Aside from routine maintenance, is there anything additional you had to do to tranny to take the abuse of more power?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast-cheap-right