Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon OEM Kicker 200w Powered Subwoofer Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UATahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one question. Does it come with any type of bass volume control? I know a lot of kicker powered subs have the remote bass adjust know hookup so you can mount a control up in the front to increase and lower the bass volume.

ctide21

Reaction score
To my knowledge there is not. I was going to call Kicker and ask them about that.

UATahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. From the review, sounds like just what i am looking for. My young days are behind me i am afraid so i dont need the alarm triggering bass anymore but i would like something to fill out the lower spectrum a little bit better for sure.

Nhtran328

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Install complete today. First some perspective. I had a 2002 Tahoe with 8volt eclipse head unit and amps, JL sub and MB Quart component speakers. It was a solid setup that had some serious punch. The stock Denali setup was pretty good in the upper range but of course lacked low end rumble. The kicker sub after only about half an hour of listening does provide the missing low end that the system desperately needed. I imagine as the sub breaks in it will only get better.
As stated in the other review, this unit will not rattle the windows out but it does vibrate the rear view mirror a bit and compliments the stock Bose system well.
I would recommend the VOX app as it is CarPlay compatible and allows you to play FLAC files would sound much better than the standard MP3 files.

A side note, Kicker now lists their part number for this kit on their site and another kit with the sub and additional amp/dsp. Part #PSUTA15. No instructions yet as it is not yet released.

This is awesome. Do you have final pics of install as well? How much did it cost you to re-program the noise cancellation?

ctide21

Reaction score
Dealer did the work and they didn't take any pictures. You would never know it is there. I told the dealer about the re-program and when I picked it up, they said they were on the phone with GM tech line and ended up not needing to be reprogrammed. Not sure if they were told bad information or what. Have not heard any negative feedback yet. I did call Kicker and they said at least in the Sierra trucks with noise cancellation that with all the doors closed, rev the engine and if you hear a flutter from the sub, you need would need the noise cancellation turned off. I will give it some time and see if I do in fact need it turned off. There is no volume or gain adjustment per Kicker. My dealer in So Cal charged $280. I wasn't comfortable taking the liability of taking all the panels off without breaking something so if they broke it they could fix it. All went smooth and so far so good.

Nhtran328

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealer did the work and they didn't take any pictures. You would never know it is there. I told the dealer about the re-program and when I picked it up, they said they were on the phone with GM tech line and ended up not needing to be reprogrammed. Not sure if they were told bad information or what. Have not heard any negative feedback yet. I did call Kicker and they said at least in the Sierra trucks with noise cancellation that with all the doors closed, rev the engine and if you hear a flutter from the sub, you need would need the noise cancellation turned off. I will give it some time and see if I do in fact need it turned off. There is no volume or gain adjustment per Kicker. My dealer in So Cal charged $280. I wasn't comfortable taking the liability of taking all the panels off without breaking something so if they broke it they could fix it. All went smooth and so far so good.

That's not bad at all considering how involved it seem. Thanks for the feedback and 411, think i'm going to pick this up.

Technyne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Definitely interested in your feedback as you get some miles of listening in. Curious to see how it affects the noise cancellation or if you hear any audible effects.

Well after a solid 5 weeks of listening, I can say that I'm very pleased with the setup. I've found it to be just right for most listening, though in some music choices I would've preferred a 10" woofer to better carry the lower end spectrum.

I have had zero problems with the Bose noise cancellation system, no buzz pops etc..

All in all a pretty good kit!

Technyne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
one question. Does it come with any type of bass volume control? I know a lot of kicker powered subs have the remote bass adjust know hookup so you can mount a control up in the front to increase and lower the bass volume.

No it does not, nor is there an input on the amplifier to place one. If you really needed this feature you could wire in an attenuator knob inline to the speaker which would in effect be a sub volume control.

ajordan66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No it does not, nor is there an input on the amplifier to place one. If you really needed this feature you could wire in an attenuator knob inline to the speaker which would in effect be a sub volume control.

So how has it been now that you've had it for several months? Definitely looking to have one installed and you make the dealer route sound really appealing!

Phil25101

Reaction score
I know this is an older thread but since I'm taking delivery of my 18' in a week and getting this installed I'm curious anyone's thoughts. I'm also upgrading all my speakers to Kicker KSC 6x9 and 6.75. Once the rest of the PSUTA gets released I will add the processor/amp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645