Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon OEM Kicker 200w Powered Subwoofer Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctide21

Reaction score
It's a pdf and it says the file size is too large. Is there another way to post it on here

ctide21

Reaction score
It looks like if you have any trim that doesn't have noise cancellation you can install yourself. If you have noise cancellation, a dealer ECM re-calibration is required to turn it off.

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 That looks like a very involved install.
2 what happens if you don't turn off the noise canceling?
3 what size sub is it?
4 I don't see why this wouldn't work in an Escalade.

ctide21

Reaction score
Kicker said it is an 8" sub. If you don't turn of the noise cancelling the extra bass interferes with the system and I believe produces undesired feedback

Technyne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought this kit and installed it yesterday in my '17 Denali. it took about 2.5 hours doing it by myself... I could've cut that down if I'd had a spare hand here or there or if I was willing to do the splice version included in the instructions (I don't recommend this as it doesn't provide a true dedicated power line and you're hacking up factory harnesses). I've done everything from mild to wild with my audio systems in the past... everything from 4x 15" subs to sound stage / clarity/stealth setups. I'd say that this sub is a perfect augmentation for the factory Bose system to fill in the missing lower frequencies while not completely drowning out everything else.

It's definitely not going to be the kind of stoplight shaking Bass that some of you may be after. If you're looking for something that will give you just enough grunt to give you whats missing, while not taking any of the available cargo space, and keeping OEM look/finish fit this is for you! If you're looking for earth shattering pound and ground, look elsewhere.

I will say that the installation is probably not for an amateur. If you've never done a car audio amplifier installation this isn't something you should try yourself. It will require you to remove essentially all the paneling from the rear left quarter of the vehicle. The dealers book will tell them to charge $165 for labor in a Yukon/Tahoe - It's WAY less money that it will take them in time so let them do it.

If you've done an amplifier installation before, then it won't be too difficult for you. The kit is quite complete, and relies on line out conversion (T-Taps if you have Bose) for input, otherwise the single harness handles switched power etc..

You will need a Torx T45 to remove the seatbelt from the driver side 2nd row seat, and also the D-ring clip on the rear panel. Further you will need to be a light touched angel to remove the panel pops without breaking at least one of them so get a bag of the generic clips from your dealer before you start - you will almost certainly need them.

Happy to answer any questions I can.

-Davin

Last edited:

Technyne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Kicker said it is an 8" sub. If you don't turn of the noise cancelling the extra bass interferes with the system and I believe produces undesired feedback

I have not noticed this thus far, I'll be on the lookout for it as I did not have my noise cancellation turned off or reprogrammed.

It is an 8" sub, it also does NOT fire toward the passenger side of the vehicle when installed. it fires toward the drivers side with minimal space, but it does have just enough for woofer excursion.

Last edited: