Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon OEM Kicker 200w Powered Subwoofer Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajordan66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this is an older thread but since I'm taking delivery of my 18' in a week and getting this installed I'm curious anyone's thoughts. I'm also upgrading all my speakers to Kicker KSC 6x9 and 6.75. Once the rest of the PSUTA gets released I will add the processor/amp
Is the dealer installing? Kicker upgrade better than Bose?

Phil25101

Reaction score
The dealer is installing the Kicker sub, which is Kicker part # SSUTAYU15, the 200W sub only. GM for some unknown reason will not release the rest of this system which is the PSUTA15, which adds the plug and play processor/amp from the SSUTAXXX. According to kicker tech support the proc/amp is 50w x 4, they recommend the KSC upgrade speakers to complete the Tahoe, so I'm doing that myself, I ordered the speakers, dynamite, and hushmat for all four doors from Crutchfield last week and they arrived yesterday. Also both Kicker and GM, as I have spoken to both last week cannot give a date for the release of the PSUTA15. Ugh ;( but the good news is Kicker told me they will sell the wiring harness and the 32 bit proc/amp separately so you can upgrade from the SSUTA to the PSUTA.....once GM releases it for sale

BacknBlack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found this system on GM Parts Direct on sale. $548 bucks.
Type in part number 19355506 and it should link to it.
Do your research and make sure it will fit your application and includes all of the necessary parts.
I was thinking about getting this system for my 18' Denali XL I am getting, but may wait until I get some miles logged.

BacknBlack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did do a similar Kicker upgrade on my 2009 F150, and it went well and sounds great. That kit included the Kicker door speakers and amp, which was a considerable upgrade over the stock Ford speakers. With that being said, I am not sure that the Kicker door speakers would be that much more of an improvement over the Bose speakers in the Denali.
If a GM dealer would do the subwoofer install for $300 or less, I would personally go that route on my Denali XL.
My 2 cents

Bo3131

Reaction score
I did do a similar Kicker upgrade on my 2009 F150, and it went well and sounds great. That kit included the Kicker door speakers and amp, which was a considerable upgrade over the stock Ford speakers. With that being said, I am not sure that the Kicker door speakers would be that much more of an improvement over the Bose speakers in the Denali.
If a GM dealer would do the subwoofer install for $300 or less, I would personally go that route on my Denali XL.
My 2 cents

Looks like they only charge 1.5 labor hrs to install.

Attachments

• kicker-sell-sheet-gmc.pdf
    513.8 KB · Views: 33

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer is installing the Kicker sub, which is Kicker part # SSUTAYU15, the 200W sub only. GM for some unknown reason will not release the rest of this system which is the PSUTA15, which adds the plug and play processor/amp from the SSUTAXXX. According to kicker tech support the proc/amp is 50w x 4, they recommend the KSC upgrade speakers to complete the Tahoe, so I'm doing that myself, I ordered the speakers, dynamite, and hushmat for all four doors from Crutchfield last week and they arrived yesterday. Also both Kicker and GM, as I have spoken to both last week cannot give a date for the release of the PSUTA15. Ugh ;( but the good news is Kicker told me they will sell the wiring harness and the 32 bit proc/amp separately so you can upgrade from the SSUTA to the PSUTA.....once GM releases it for sale

Which specific Kicker KSC speakers did they recommend?

Phil25101

Reaction score
6x9 three way fronts
6.75 two way rear doors

Kicker doesn't make a 2.75" full range speaker for the front dash, so they didn't make recommendations for those. I have done a search and only find the "Sundown Audio ", and "Memphis Audio" speakers as a replacement option. But I'm still looking for these. I'm not in a rush as the Kicker VSS processor/amp isn't available for sale yet.

Last edited:

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the model numbers? I'm curious what impedances they are since the Bose system uses 2 ohm speakers. I wonder if the Kicker processor will bypass completely and/or convert it to 4 ohm.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I'm getting at is whether the speakers Kicker would include with the GM package would be 2 or 4 ohm.

Phil25101

Reaction score
The kicker 6x9 and 6.75 speakers are 4 ohm. The factory speakers (non Bose) in the front doors and dash are 4 ohm as well but in parallel giving the fronts a 2 ohm impedance. As per Kicker Tech.

44KSC69304. 6x9
44KSC6704. 6.75

The Kicker packages are:

PSUTAYU15. 200w sub only
PSUTA. Sub and 32 bit processor/ Amp

The tech advised the PSUTA is designed for the factory speakers but if they were to recommend upgraded speakers, they are the KSC models.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs