steering issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryank99

Reaction score
i have a couple issues with my steering, one i think i have figure out and thats my steering sensor located inside the cab on the steering shaft. im sure that went out on me, steering is real squirrly especially on the highway...feels like it lets loose and grabs again.
the other i'm not sure of, if i let go the steerin wheel, the truck drives fairly straight but my steering wheel is turned to the left about 1/4 turn. does that make sence?? anyway, im not sure if thats an alignment issue or something else
any suggestions??

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long have you owned the Tahoe?
This seems to be a pretty common problem with our trucks.
I have had the same issues with mine for as long as I can remember. I have basically replaced my entire front end and still have issues. My next project is replacing my ball joints, control arm bushings and get another new steering wheel sensor.
I would get an alignment as well as check the air in your tires, its a good idea to inflate them a little higher than factory recommendations. I believe it will help with mileage as well.
Well, I hope this helps.
Later

OP
OP
R

ryank99

Reaction score
i bought the truck in febuary this year, had 200k and paid $3000 for it. over all a solid truck, i've only put about 500 bucks in parts...so far. i checked out most of the steering components and they look ok. i guess i need to look at getting an alignment and see that will help straighten out my steering wheel. thanks man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo