Stabilitrak/Traction Control Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twminter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just replaced my upper control arms and rack & pinion on my 2007 yukon denali and have just now started to feel some rubbing/skipping when turning and am on the brakes. When this happens my stabilitrak light comes on then goes away and here recently it has been popping on more and more frequently and the check engine light stays on.

I have read a few past posts about it could be low brake fluid in the reservoir and it also could be the brake light swtich on the back side of the brake pedal. Has anyone else experienced this issue and what they did to resolve it?

Any help is appreciated.

gstacks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently had a similar issue on my '07 yukon. My traction control/stabilitrak light would come on, i couldn't set my cruise control, and i experienced the rubbing/skipping when turning and using the brakes. It turns out the brake switch was stuck on. Everything was fine after replacing it. I never had any problems with the check engine light tho so it could be more.

hope I could help :)

Last edited:

gos333

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
stabilitrak tc light

2007 Tahoe with flashing stabilitrak/tc needed wheel position sensor in the steering column replaced and the problem went away. (for now)

Last edited:

YukonXLPerk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read that some people have accidentally knocked off one of the sensors while replacing parts on the front end. Check to make sure everything is connected correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse

Latest posts