Speedometer adjustment for lift and gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abishoff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the best programmer to fix my speedometer? I'm putting on 37s and possibly 40's one day with 4:10 gears. I've used a hypertech before but it only does 35's. This if for a 2006 Yukon XL Denali. I doing a 6.5" BDS and I already have a 3" PA body lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
If you're running 37 or 40s you'll need lower gears than 4.10.

But aside from that, I believe most all can do up to 40" tires and 5.13 Gears. I have the Diablosport Intune and I know i can go 40"

Check the for sale sections on here and GMFS, even pt. net. There's usually always someone selling a programmer that will be cheaper than new.

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the best programmer to fix my speedometer? I'm putting on 37s and possibly 40's one day with 4:10 gears. I've used a hypertech before but it only does 35's. This if for a 2006 Yukon XL Denali. I doing a 6.5" BDS and I already have a 3" PA body lift.

I think you should get 4.56s for those tires, as for the programmer maybe go with edge

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You

For 37's you're gonna wanna run 5.13's or 5.88's. If you're even thinking about going bigger than 37's you'll want to go with the 5.88's but that's just my opinion. I like having power to go with the bigger tire size.

I've ran 35's with stock gears then regeared to 4.10's. I ran 37's with the 4.10's and then regered to 5.13's. And I'm in happy with this setup but would definitely regear to 5.88's if I decided to go any bigger.

IMG_1966.JPG

OP
OP
A

abishoff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. I'll look into it. I know I want to do an e-locker in the front and posi in the rear. I was about to do a 4l80 swap but the 4l65 went out before I could get everything together. So I'll have to wait another year until the trans rebuild warranty goes out.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. I'll look into it. I know I want to do an e-locker in the front and posi in the rear. I was about to do a 4l80 swap but the 4l65 went out before I could get everything together. So I'll have to wait another year until the trans rebuild warranty goes out.

Swappin gears in the diffs voids your tranny warranty?

OP
OP
A

abishoff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swappin gears in the diffs voids your tranny warranty?
Idk if this guy cares. It was a small shop in North Texas and all he does is major trans. It was only a $1000 cash for a tow package rebuild with the corvette servo. But I'll call and ask him anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts