Leveling kit and spindle lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

triker97

Reaction score
Hey y'all I got a 2006 Yukon XL Rwd, I wanna lift her up some so she's off the tires, I need to replace my whole front end suspension and I wanna get all this done at once. If I get a 3" leveling kit with and lifted spindle, would it cause any problems or stress to my suspension? What would be the best way to go about this? Should I get just the spindle and some rear spacers? Or just the leveling kit?

Attachments

• 16934084875383742250886295343880.jpg
    16934084875383742250886295343880.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 3

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really all depends on how high you want to go. Personally I'd just do the spindle and a 3" rear block to level it out.

OP
OP
T

triker97

Reaction score
Really all depends on how high you want to go. Personally I'd just do the spindle and a 3" rear block to level it out.
If I get the rear block, will any other work need to be done to the rear? I wanna make sure I cover all my bases

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Hey y'all I got a 2006 Yukon XL Rwd, I wanna lift her up some so she's off the tires, I need to replace my whole front end suspension and I wanna get all this done at once. If I get a 3" leveling kit with and lifted spindle, would it cause any problems or stress to my suspension? What would be the best way to go about this? Should I get just the spindle and some rear spacers? Or just the leveling kit?
We did 3” spindles with 3” keys and kryptonite uca and suspension on my buddy’s 2wd
IMG_5289.jpeg
With the keys maybe halfway up if even she still drives and rides great!

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I get the rear block, will any other work need to be done to the rear? I wanna make sure I cover all my bases
You may want to get shock extensions for the rear as well so you are not topping your shocks out when the suspension cycles.

OP
OP
T

triker97

Reaction score
You may want to get shock extensions for the rear as well so you are not topping your shocks out when the suspension cycles.
I'm thinking about getting this kit when I get my new front end kit, it comes with extended shocks. Would this be good to go without adding a 3" spindle? Which also brings me to another question, if I get a lifted spindle will I have to get a new upper control arm??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230830-194511.png
    Screenshot_20230830-194511.png
    766.1 KB · Views: 3

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a 2wd truck you are better off with a lift spindle because it keeps all your suspension geometry factory. You will be able to retain factory control arms, and will not even need a longer shock or shock extension in the front - only in the rear. Torsion keys on the other hand would require either a shock extension or longer shock in the front, and it will throw your ball joint angles out of factory spec leading to accelerated wear.

OP
OP
T

triker97

Reaction score
On a 2wd truck you are better off with a lift spindle because it keeps all your suspension geometry factory. You will be able to retain factory control arms, and will not even need a longer shock or shock extension in the front - only in the rear. Torsion keys on the other hand would require either a shock extension or longer shock in the front, and it will throw your ball joint angles out of factory spec leading to accelerated wear.
So a 3" spindle, longer rear shocks and spacer blocks for the rear springs would be all I need?

OP
OP
T

triker97

Reaction score
Yes, that's correct.
Ok just to make sure I'm looking at the correct part, cause I would hate to order the wrong part, would these shocks be correct? Also would it hurt if I get the lifted spindle and the upgraded torsion keys? I read that just the spindle will not be able to handle heavy off roading. I'm not planning on going heavy per say, as this will be my daily driver, but I want to know I'll be able to handle some rough spots, or would it be best to just stick with the spindle, spacers and rear shocks? And would I need anything else when replacing the front end suspension? Sorry for all the questions but I'd rather be safe then sorry

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230831-082005.png
    Screenshot_20230831-082005.png
    543.7 KB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz