Rod Knock or Collapsed Lifter or DOD failure

• Rod Knock

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Collapsed Lifter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dod failure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So ended up spinning a rod and main bearing do to oil pump failure. Had the vehicle shipped back to the dealership and they are replacing with a new short block at no cost to me. I want to build the motor but since the dealer is paying for all the parts Im just gonna sick back and let them replace everything that they need to. They are then gonna check the transmission after the rebuild is complete cause I felt it slipping the day before. The dealership is then giving me 12k mile 12 month warranty on engine and tansmission work.
I'm glad they're picking up the tab!

OP
OP
TBucks

TBucks

Reaction score
Me and you both especially cause I was 800 miles out of the 3k mile warranty they gave me. But they failed to present certain documentation required by Neveda state law for used vehicles over 75k miles so its on them.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Me and you both especially cause I was 800 miles out of the 3k mile warranty they gave me. But they failed to present certain documentation required by Neveda state law for used vehicles over 75k miles so its on them.
Who figured that out? Good catch.

OP
OP
TBucks

TBucks

Reaction score
Me when I researched Nevada's used car laws and Lemon Laws. But a friend whos a lemon law lawyer verified my findings.

sbharrier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So ended up spinning a rod and main bearing do to oil pump failure. Had the vehicle shipped back to the dealership and they are replacing with a new short block at no cost to me. I want to build the motor but since the dealer is paying for all the parts Im just gonna sick back and let them replace everything that they need to. They are then gonna check the transmission after the rebuild is complete cause I felt it slipping the day before. The dealership is then giving me 12k mile 12 month warranty on engine and tansmission work.
Good deal! Sounds like a no brainer. Allow them to do their magic, then you can start fresh.

sbharrier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sounds like a collapsed lifter, common on DOD, my 11 did it @70k, if thats the case, dont run, may save the cam, but do replace the Vloom(valley cover that controls the DOD and messes with the oil pressure...big job as heads have to come off...good luck
Point of interest, the sound I hear is not the sound of a collapsed lifter, it's a rod bearing. Also, dealing with lifters, do not change 1 lifter. CHANGE THEM ALL!

KBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a pain in the ass but I guess I'd be happy with the outcome since they'll cover it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71